Parking light out error with new LED taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReckItRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased aftermarket LED taillights for my 2014 ram 1500. As of recent, ever time I hit the brakes, the "Parking Light Out" message pops up on my messages screen on my gauge cluster. Any idea on how to make that go away? I have done some research on resistors but they only seem to make them for the fluttering issue with the turn signals.

These are what i bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WTCQSYY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you buy canbus bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
e49cdc6b53d5e9ace55b50adb4daf3cb.jpg

OP
OP
ReckItRAM

ReckItRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I linked to which ones i bought. it was a plug and play design

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You will need to add a resistor to make that error go away. The computer is looking for a certain resistance from a filament bulb and when it doesn't get that it assumes the bulb is out. lol ok at superbrightleds.com they sell resistors that work.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I linked to which ones i bought. it was a plug and play design

Oh sorry didn't scroll that far. You bought a whole assembly. You can MAYBE find some type of adapter that goes between the wire harness and the assembly that converts it to canbus but if you're getting a bulb out the ones you bought are more than likely not canbus. Unfortunately this happens a lot to people and the vendors selling them don't know a thing about cars and/or will just lie to you and say they work fine. My truck came stock with LED tails so I can't help you on what to buy. If no one can help you I would just return those tint you stock tail lamps professionally for like 75 bucks then buy the canbus led bulbs I posted and some resistors. In the end it's cheaper but you don't get the same style unfortunately.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will need to add a resistor to make that error go away. The computer is looking for a certain resistance from a filament bulb and when it doesn't get that it assumes the bulb is out. lol ok at superbrightleds.com they sell resistors that work.

Just a resistor can solve this? I thought it only helped hyper flash

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Some have been known to get fixed with a resister. But it does also fix hyper flash. Worth a shot for $10 IMHO

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the 7" premium cluster??? There's another thread on here about people having troubles with aftermarket led taillights when they have the upgraded cluster.

OP
OP
ReckItRAM

ReckItRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the 7" premium cluster??? There's another thread on here about people having troubles with aftermarket led taillights when they have the upgraded cluster.

yes i do. which thread is it?

OP
OP
ReckItRAM

ReckItRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Its only showing resistors for the turn signals though. Would it still fix the error code for the parking light out?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having the same problem with canbus LEDs that I just swapped for the license plate bulbs. Can someone post a link to the resistors?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having the same problem with canbus LEDs that I just swapped for the license plate bulbs. Can someone post a link to the resistors?

My license plate bulbs work fine. I bought them from superbright leds

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
There are "CANBUS compatible" LED bulbs out there that work without error for every bulb in our truck that isn't LED from the factory. The trick is finding the correct ones. Our trucks have a pretty picky system as far as computers go, so not all "CANBUS compatible" LED bulbs work without error for Rams.

For example, I bought this for the third brake light. Used the second one for my father's 2015 Ram third brake light, no errors for him either.

These worked for my license plate bulbs without error messages, but have a high failure rate (so far, roughly 50% in one year). Those enclosures for the license plate bulbs get very hot.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the 5K canbus for the license plate. I think those were fine, but then I quickly swapped to the 6k of the same bulb and think that's when I started to have issues.

OP
OP
ReckItRAM

ReckItRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im going to try the resistors and see what happens. the only thing is that the resistor is showing three wires and my wire harness on my aftermarket has 4

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Resistors should do the trick, I put them on my headlights and tail lights and it got rid of the hyperflash and error codes. Picked up a pair at autozone for 15 bucks and got the tail resistors at walmart for 9 bucks a pair.