Phone/Tablet mount in Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
So Ive had my Ram 1500 since November and Ive been experimenting with different phone tablet mounts. Thought I was settling on one of the classic mounts till a coworker of mine showed me this funny ring on the back of his Cell. When I asked he told me what it was all about. I received mine today and man am I stoked. its so simple and non intrusive its not some big mount sitting in my truck that is an obvious eye sore. Its just a little black piece sitting there. so I thought Id share this creative and inventive little mount with the Ram forum.

Its 2 parts. a plate with a very stiff ring that swivels and folds up and down. The plate has 15 lbs rated double stick tape on it and you stick it to your phone. This serves also as a finger hold when you are holding your cell phone. When its not needed it folds down and is out of the way. it also comes with its own hook plastic piece you can mount anywhere. I mounted one in the truck tonight and I am beyond impressed how this works and how simple it is.
I picked up 2 of these 1 for my iPhone 7 and 1 for my iPad Air 2 so i could mount either in the truck.

Here are some photos.

holding the phone
IMG_1066_zps93zuoxka.jpg

Can see the ring through my middle finger here.
IMG_1065_zpshgh3p02g.jpg

Here is the ring you mount to your phone or tablet
IMG_5275_zpst6kwyu1m.jpg

Here is where I mounted my hook in the Truck right above the Vent.
IMG_3128_zpsnsvcob1b.jpg

IMG_8844_zpsjbgdg6e3.jpg

With the iPhone mounted keep in mind this comes right off when I remove it but locks it in place from bouncing off the hook.
IMG_1063_zpsbgogaqaj.jpg

Here it is with the iPad mounted
IMG_8977_zpsmp0rnvyx.jpg

I love it so much I thought I would share. This is a 20$ mount and you can only get it one place I could find on the web which is the company who makes it. Not sure about the rules for linking to other websites so I will let you guys search it on Google its called igripz phone mount from Dynamic Promotions.

Enjoy.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty cool idea. The one issue I see with that is blocking the vent. That's one issue with the layout of our interior - there are not many options for mounting stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hemiluv

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty cool idea. The one issue I see with that is blocking the vent. That's one issue with the layout of our interior - there are not many options for mounting stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. With the Phone it isn't that much of an issue just covers the top part. But the Tablet it covers it all. I plan to close that vent when using Tablet for GPS. Most of the time though it will be my iPhone 7 which isn't bad.

OP
OP
Hemiluv

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the ring removable from the back of the device?

Yes it is. You can remove it and reattach it many times according to their website. The Double stick tape is reusable.