Power Driver Seat Just Stopped Working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i5Challenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi,

I own a 2013 Ram 1500 SLT but the previous owner upgraded the interior seats to Laramie style leather seats. They appear to hook the connections up correctly since the power seats worked fine on both driver and passenger side.

Last Friday the seats worked, but when I got in the pickup on Monday the driver seat power buttons stopped working. None of the buttons on the driver seat works, no lumbar adjustment, up or down or back and forth. The passenger seat still works. I pulled out my multimeter and tested the power, and got .80 voltage so I assume there is still power going to the seats. But I hear no noise or no movement when any buttons are adjusted. What could be the problem?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I own a 2013 Ram 1500 SLT but the previous owner upgraded the interior seats to Laramie style leather seats. They appear to hook the connections up correctly since the power seats worked fine on both driver and passenger side.

Last Friday the seats worked, but when I got in the pickup on Monday the driver seat power buttons stopped working. None of the buttons on the driver seat works, no lumbar adjustment, up or down or back and forth. The passenger seat still works. I pulled out my multimeter and tested the power, and got .80 voltage so I assume there is still power going to the seats. But I hear no noise or no movement when any buttons are adjusted. What could be the problem?
Check.to see if you have power to the red wire in the yellow seat plug and also make sure the black wire in the yellow plug has a good ground. You should have constant 12v power to the plug.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

i5Challenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, I will check tonight after work on this.

The dealership wouldn't touch it due to safety concerns with the air bags. Since these seats were pulled from another Ram a Laramie trim level Ram from a junk yard and put into my SLT Ram. The person who installed these seats just spliced wires together and added resistors for air bag warnings.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
.8 volts means no power. Start with fuses and go from there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye