Power Seat Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just installed a set of power Laramie seats in my 14 Express last night. I tapped into one of the the existing console harnesses for a constant 12v circuit to power each seat.

The passenger side was easy since a small, regular female spade connector fit in the factory yellow plug and worked perfectly. Drivers side wasn't as easy since the yellow seat plug was different on that side.

Can anybody tell me how or where to get a factory style conector that will fit in the upper left corner of this plug? Its bigger than the pigtails that come in the 3 wire kit i have for my map lights.

Attachments

• IMAG1621.jpg
    IMAG1621.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 486

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a similar upgrade on my 2014 RT Sport- there is a big yellow plug on either driver or passenger and then a smaller grey plug for the heated seats and vented seats option. You then have the console harness plug. I ended up buying a brand new harness and taking out the pieces I needed - I added rear heated seats and upgraded my front heated seats to heated and vented. So I pulled the rear heated seat harnesses from it. I paid 800+ for the harness and am selling the remnants on ebay now if interested. But you will need to replace the actual plug as there are more grounds and so on, and if you want to take advantage of any of the heated seat options, it is possible, but you will need a lot of drawings off techauthority.com, but it can be done and I am thrilled with my new leather vented and heated seats.