power window and lock conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012usafRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So for some time now i have wanted to convert my manual windows and locks to power with a key fob and everything. Anyone on here know if its possible or what parts i could go with to do such a thing. Dont really want to go aftermarket because i want the key that i can use for the ignition as well

TDevil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did power locks / keyless entry / power windows / remote start on my old 98 Ranger. It's a task, but worth it. I used all Autoloc stuff:
Universal Curved Window « autoloc.com
And had the truck for 5 years after the conversion with no problems. They even sold a remote window piece so you could roll your windows up & down from your remote, which was neat. They also sell a switch that fits in your existing crank hole and uses your crank as a switch. Tilt it up or down and it rolls the window up / down without the need for covering the hole or cutting out for new switches.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not personally looked at the doors on the ram yet, but back in the day i did this conversion on my s-10. however instead of using the spal/autolok kit i got the regulators and motors out of a junk vehicle. they just bolted right in.

the reason i prefer this method over the "kits" is i have installed the kits and it seems like it never fails that the little plastic gears you use to adapt always strip out. the motors put out so much torque they can keep spinning once the window is up or down.

OP
OP
2012usafRAM

2012usafRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really want to do the full conversion using aftermarket parts and just buying 2 stock door panels and using those switchs for the buttons. No need for drilling or anything i hope i am going to have to do more research though

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I really want to do the full conversion using aftermarket parts and just buying 2 stock door panels and using those switchs for the buttons. No need for drilling or anything i hope i am going to have to do more research though

If going with all OEM parts, it can be done, but it will be costly. Price out the panels alone...crazy!

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Save the money you want to spend on the conversion, work some overtime instead of spending time doing the conversion, add them together, and put it towards a down payment on a truck with power windows and locks. This is the easiest way to get the power options you want.:)