Premature Leather Seat Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
My 2015 Laramie EcoDiesel leather seats are already showing signs of wear. Has anyone else encountered this? It only has 2260 miles on it and looks more worn than my 2011 F350 with 96000 miles. Any advice?

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
With only 220 miles I didn't think I needed to do anything yet

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
I talked to the dealer today. They said this is the second instance they have seen in the last 2 weeks. They took photos and submitted to Chrysler warranty department.

OP
OP
M

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
Dealer replaced the leather yesterday under warranty

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good to hear they replaced it. I was curious about the leather options when I was looking at trucks. My wife wanted the leather, I didn't care one way or the other. Talking to one dealer, they recommended getting the Katskin leather over the normal leather due to it being a better quality. The salesman said they have had issues with the stock leather wearing out a lot faster because it's thin and a lower quality. We ended up sticking with the cloth seats and decided if we really want leather, we'll have the seats redone at a local shop with a custom job. It will cost about the same as upgrading from the factory anyway.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
15,000 kms on my 2014. Longhorn leather looks great still!

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
longhorn and leather and larime leather is very different. I have sold over a hundred sets of larime seats and they are all out of trucks with under 20k and some seats look great and others you would think had 100k or better on them. I have had a bunch of longhorn seats and they wear like steel

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
longhorn and leather and larime leather is very different. I have sold over a hundred sets of larime seats and they are all out of trucks with under 20k and some seats look great and others you would think had 100k or better on them. I have had a bunch of longhorn seats and they wear like steel
Good to know I wasn't just paying for colour! Lol

Badunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
longhorn and leather and larime leather is very different. I have had a bunch of longhorn seats and they wear like steel

Unfortunately, if you need the bench seat up front like I do, the Longhorn (which is buckets only up front) and its leather is not available (unless something is new in 2015).

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if it's available at all dealerships, but mine offered a 5 year warranty package for the interior including leather tearing, ripping, premature wearing, etc.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a 2014 Laramie Limited EcoDiesel and haven't had any problems yet but after you mentioned it, I am going to be keeping a close eye on it. I have about 8k on mine already.