Premium guages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cluster is plug n play too
Did you go through the whole air bag removal process, or did the T15 screws holding the cover pieces around the column give you access to the switch?

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you go through the whole air bag removal process, or did the T15 screws holding the cover pieces around the column give you access to the switch?

Airbag removal required.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
3 clips on back. You remove the screws under the airbag holding on the trim. Then you can R&R the switch.

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Airbag removal is a total PITA!!! You will need a stout short flathead screwdriver and a mirror. Might as well get a compact flash light.
Thanks. Watched a YouTube of a guy doing it.. I have everything needed, but I have to agree based on what I saw.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Airbag removal is a total PITA!!! You will need a stout short flathead screwdriver and a mirror. Might as well get a compact flash light.
I got the new instrument cluster and just installed it. Will the new switch with the additional directional arrows allow me to move away from the tire pressure error? I realize I ultimately would need the tpms module to clear the tire pressure error, but I am hoping I don't have to do it right away to view the other functions.

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All functions will be accessible.
Great. Because without the new switch, I can move up and down the the the functions until it "locks" onto the Tpms error. But I assume the reason I'm stuck after that is the lack of the "right" arrow and the "back" button. I get paid Tuesday and I'll pick up the switch.

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All functions will be accessible.
Since we're on the subject (still), there are two kinds of switches available.. Specifically, one part # has a back button in the lower right quadrant and the other has a left arrow.. Does it matter? I know you said 2013 and later will work just fine too.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Since we're on the subject (still), there are two kinds of switches available.. Specifically, one part # has a back button in the lower right quadrant and the other has a left arrow.. Does it matter? I know you said 2013 and later will work just fine too.

Shouldn't matter

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shouldn't matter
Is there any way to avoid having to buy the tpms module (eliminating the error) or did you have to drop the almost $100 eventually? And just to be a pita, you did say with the new switch I'll be able to view and stay on all the other functions without having to look at the tpms fault all the time? [emoji16]

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Most likely will have to buy the module. I still haven't swapped mine in yet. 3k more miles.

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most likely will have to buy the module. I still haven't swapped mine in yet. 3k more miles.
As you know, once I added the new switch, the tpms fault has gone away for good. I'll take it.