Pull out center stack storage with floor shifter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,
I grabbed a 2017 Tradesman with 4wd shifter on the floor. My 2015 big horn had the pull out center storage tray under the AC bezel. Any reason why it wont work with the floor mount? I like that feature...

I would need to buy the pull out tray (maybe from someone who converted to center console.

Thanks

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
My 14 3500 with the manual transfer case is the same way, no pull out drawer. It seems to me that you could easily put it in. I was so convinced that I bought one on ebay (it was 40.00 could not pass it up). Only problem is I never got around to trying to install it. Seems like that draw would be a much better place to put stuff than in the jump seat. Gonna follow this and see what others say and put it on the To do list.

OP
OP
U

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 big horn for work I could yank out and try... I'll see if I get that motivated!

OP
OP
U

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a setup. SHould have it next week, Looks to be bolt in without issue, I'll update when its done with pics...

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I wound up getting the drawer for my Tradesman this week. I did not install it yet but it looks like there will be a gap just above the mini floor console. There are a couple of different Close Out Panels that are used below the drawer but none look like the bottom of the cubby panel where it interfaces with the mini console. I think the close out panel could be trimmed to fit in the area and fill the gap. I have one that has a large opening but the part number molded into it does not come up on any parts lists [1EA86TRMAA]. The close out panel part numbers I found online are 1VY90DX9AB and 1WZ91DX9AB. The one I have appears to be the latter.

OP
OP
U

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here... Its goign to take some fiddling to get it "right" . I listed the drawer up for sale, but if it doesn't go in a week or so, I'll probably monkey with it

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Same here... Its goign to take some fiddling to get it "right" . I listed the drawer up for sale, but if it doesn't go in a week or so, I'll probably monkey with it

Did you get to install it? I'd love to see how far "off" it looks but time and weather has not cooperated in trying it out yet. I think it will be really useful either way. Right now I use the cubby to store my sunglasses but the drawer would work out much better.