Quad cab big enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the look of quad cabs alot. It should work until the kids get bigger. I have a crew and love the room though. My 17 year old is 6'2 and growing!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my wife tried to get me to trade in the supercab f150 for a minivan.i kept the truck and bought her the minivan.i hated that pos from day 1. even though it was fully loaded,it was still the most un cool ride ever imagined.thank god it got stolen. we ended up with the crew cab and will never go back.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I drive with the seat all the way back. I had an issue with a few models of child seats in the quad behind my seat, but was able to find many that worked. My wife puts here seat mid way back so more than enough room on that side or in the middle for tall people or any seat.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having had both quad and crew I would suggest the crew cab. I did not have any children when I had the quad cab, but after putting a rear facing in my buddy's quad cab I would never go back. The crew has provided plenty of room for a rear facing car seat no matter which side (driver or passenger). My attitude has been, I can tow a utility trailer if I need to haul more, but I can't make the cab bigger.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Don't have kids but probably will eventually. Considering I fit in the back fine without my knees touching at 6'1, I'd imagine it would be fine. CC would be nicer for that I'm sure, but I'm not going to trade trucks if I have kids I'll make it work. They aren't going to die, I'm still alive after riding in the front of an 82 ram reg cab as a child.

I squeezed into the back of extended and extra cabs at over 6' 2" for many a long road trip back in the day. It was motivation for the kids to drive themselves, and be occupied with the jobs needs to pay for it.

I felt worried and a bit bad sticking my aging in laws in the back of the 4th gen quads I have rented, but they don't see to mind or stiffen up.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have a QC and do not need a CC or want one for that matter, is also one reason I did not buy a 2500 because I could not get the QC any longer.

Drive both set in both and buy what works for you.

HornDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 QC and it works for me. I did not have the luxury of looking for a deal on a CC (what I wanted) so I got the QC. I am very happy with my purchase though. I have a 2 and 6 year old. 2 year old sits in forward facing car seat behind the passenger seat which generally has no one in it so I can move the seat forward. But even when my wife is in the passenger seat and has the seat back the lil guy has room enough for his legs and the wife has room enough for her. My 6 year old sits in a booster behind the driver seat and she has room enough. Although she is close enough to kick the seat... Me and the wife are both 5'8" so our family fits well in the QC. I think if my inseam were a few inches taller I could still manage but would be more comfortable in a CC. Also I think if I had a car seat with a base or had to have the lil guys car seat rear facing still I would want the CC. Just my observation and opinion while owning the truck. Good luck in your decision!!

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your debating on enough space then you probably need more. I love my CC. My son sits behind passenger in his car seat and can barely touch the back of the seat with his feet. Not sure if it's just my kid but he loves to swing and kick his legs in the car seat. It gets annoying in my wife's Santa Fe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sold my quadcab because of my kids. They were cramped and constantly fighting with each other. Talk about a miserable family drive.