Quad cab rear 60/40 back seat removal processes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to somehow make some space between the back cushion on the back seats so that it can assist me in fitting some seat covers. There just isnt much space backrest parts for securing the seat covers.
Only option that comes to mind is to remove the bench and seat assembly completely?
If so those damn eight 18mm bolts are tight as F, i just tried an accessible one near the front area and it merely laughed at me. Breaker bar hammer? Easier option to put seat covers on?

I can envisage the back 18mm bolts be difficult to access and remove. Anyone know what the harness plug back there is for?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I had to use a ratchet with a pipe extension to break those bolts loose the first time. The loctite they use in the factory is no joke.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to use a ratchet with a pipe extension to break those bolts loose the first time. The loctite they use in the factory is no joke.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Lol with age I've gone weaker, the days i used to take seats in and out for breakfast are sure behind me. Broke a sweat with attempt of one bolt [emoji2]

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up getting a 18mm socket and long breaker bar. I thank FCA for having the rear most seat bolts looser than the front ones. I wonder if that was intentional or laziness by techs lol

Last edited:

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
Seat Covers

How were the seat cover installations?

My goal is to install at least the front seats this weekend.