Quad Cabs - Car Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMirez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up all.

I will be buying my first Ram 1500 next month - it's a 2015 Quad Cab. I found one that both my wife and I love. We are also new parents and have a 10 months old that needs to be in a rear facing car seat.

My question is, would a rear facing car seat fit in a quad cab safely - also how safe are they for the other types of car seats for children?

I'd like to not have to resort to our avenger for family outings.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We are expecting, and I have a quad cab also. I had my 2 year old niece in a car seat in it and fit fine, put the car seat in the middle of the back seat. It was forward facing tho

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eb0b0ec114b5825387ce9abf3ad8a636.jpgI had a 12’ 1500 quad. When I found out my fiancé was expecting I traded up to a crew cab 2500 (didn’t like the shifter in the newer 1500s). Moved my young cousins a few times in my quad and they fit and all, but VERY glad I don’t have to do that regularly with my now 8mo old son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It would be pretty tight in a quad cab, except maybe the center seat. The problem with that is if you put a car seat in the center it makes the rest of the back seats right if any adults ever need to ride back there.

It can be done in a quad cab but a crew cab would be a lot easier and more comfortable.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had one in 13 quad for about 2 years bow.
Works fine, I have it on the passenger side and yes a bit tight but works great.
My grandson is 4 so it is a front facing.
In center it will work BUT be very hard to buckle the lil one in.
REMEMBER tho, if you install it behind driver or passenger seats, to lock out the power window switch.
At 3 yrs old my grandson found out what that button was and loved to play with it.
Good luck

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We've had my 2014 truck since just after my son was born. Zero issues with the rear facing seat (Graco). Both are now in forward facing Recaros. The only difference is a crew cab makes it a little harder for them to kick the seat. I'm happy with our 6' bed and have never had any issues fitting stuff in the footwells, middle, or the truck bed. :favorites13:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have 4 year old twins... could even try it in my 02 Chevy Silverado extended cab - and we ran out of room real fast in my wife’s 2012 Ford Edge- Sold em both and bought a 2014 mega cab, I’m 6,4 and I am so glad we went with a mega cab, love it.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've had my 2014 truck since just after my son was born. Zero issues with the rear facing seat (Graco). Both are now in forward facing Recaros. The only difference is a crew cab makes it a little harder for them to kick the seat. I'm happy with our 6' bed and have never had any issues fitting stuff in the footwells, middle, or the truck bed. :favorites13:

Is it illegal to restrain their feet? Like with duct tape or rope?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
First WELCOME to the Group and CONGRATS on your new family member :) :)
My 2 cents a s mentioned a Quad Cab will work but a bit tight with some seats ! I would recommend a Crew Cab as you will have extra room when the kids grow up as well ! That is also me advice to one of my son's looking for a new truck

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As others said, a car seat will fit just fine. I do suggest though, if you plan on keeping the truck for a while, go up to a crew cab because in a few years when the baby is big enough to turn the car seat around and starts kicking your elbow and the back of the seat, you'd wish you had that extra 9". Ask me how I know and if that happened. Lol! But I did get to go from a 2013 quad cab Copperhead Pearl to a 2015 crew cab Ignition Orange.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
65973bc4d4df8fd9b4ed62b41d857dfc.jpgmy sons seat in my crew cab. Wouldn’t want any less room. Mega would be even better lol

OP
OP
R

RAMirez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot for all the advice and input guys. Both my wife and I appreciate it - we obviously have a little more to think about...

At least we are both on the same page when it comes to wanting a Dodge :D

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a quad when my sone was born. I needed a new truck shortly after he was born. I stayed with a RAM. But I stepped up to crew cab.
With the quad cab I couldn’t push my seat all the way back. (I am 6’7”). The rear door does not open all the way. Makes it difficult to get car seat in and out.
The crew cab had almost 6” more in the back seat. Doors open full 90 degrees. Much more pleasant experience.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife thought a quad looked big enough after seeing them on the internet, said she couldn’t see the difference in the two. I got them to pull one up at the dealership and she immediately changed her mind. I feel like there’s plenty of room in the crew cab for our 2 car seats, wouldn’t want anything smaller.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i've had a 3rd gen quad cab since my son born, never an issue with fitment, he is 8 now and still fits back there in his booster seat with no issues, and as far as dealing with kids kicking the seats, you whoop that ass at a young age and they wont ever kick the back of the seat, my son hasn't considered even coming close to kicking the seat since he got taught a lesson about it

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My two kids are full grown so I haven't had to deal with car seats for a very long time, but in agreement that if you are at the age to be bringing babies into the world go with the crew. Only possibility at this point for me is grandkids, but neither of my grownups are thinking about that anytime soon. :)

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have 2015 QC and 3 kids all in some sort of child seat. Will it work? Sure. Is it ideal? Depends on the usage of your truck. It works for me right now, but we also have a minivan for long distance people moving.

michaeljones36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up all.

I will be buying my first Ram 1500 next month - it's a 2015 Quad Cab. I found one that both my wife and I love. We are also new parents and have a 10 months old that needs to be in a rear facing car seat.

My question is, would a rear facing car seat fit in a quad cab safely - also how safe are they for the other types of car seats for children?

I'd like to not have to resort to our avenger for family outings.

I have a 2017 Rebel and put in cars seats facing both directions with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LKWJeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think you’re going to regret your decision to put a rear facing seat into Ram with the Quad Cab.

I got my first 1500 with my daughter in a forward facing seat and she could easily kick the seat in front of her. Not on purpose, there just wasn’t a lot of room. With a rear facing car seat it’ll be even worse. If you’re even remotely tall, you’d have to have the kid on the passenger side.

Now that I have a crew cab, it’s got a lot more room. You’d have no issues fitting them in the truck.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will it work, yes. Will you want to upgrade yes...

Get the CC you wont regret it. I have a CC with 3 kids in large (diono brand) seats.

I went with my first 4th gen due to the leg room. at the time i was comparing the tahoe to the ram and in the ram an adult can fit nicer in the back seat