Question for those with Dual Climate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2500 Laramie dual climate control seems to be kind of weak in comparison to others I have had in the past. What I mean is that if I have the driver side on low with the A/C on and my wife has her side turned up warmer, the driver side seems to not be very cold. I start getting warm on my side, even with it on LO and the A/C on still.

My father's F-150 keeps one side cold as ice while the other side is hot. My wife's Toyota Venza works very well also. Is this normal for the RAM? Does anyone else have an issue with this or ever noticed the same? I only ask because this is my first RAM. It's one of the only things I don't like about my truck, so I'm wandering if it is common or if I should have it checked out at the dealer. Thanks guys!

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
The climate control systems are a little weak, in my opinion, on our Rams when compared to most other vehicles. In my non-expert opinion, I think the blower is a little weak. The only good solution I've come up with is to turn up the fan speed. If the wife gets too warm or too cold, she can close the vents somewhat (or completely).

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have it checked. I have the same system in my truck and a wife who is always cold. Even when she is running her side at 74 or higher my side is blowing nice cold air.

OP
OP
Mountaineer83

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks guys! I think I will have it checked just to be certain. I feel it should work a little better than it does at the moment, but I agree as well that our fans seem a little weak unless it is on high.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Mine worked well. Kept me cool and the wife warm. But I also had the vented seats.

OP
OP
Mountaineer83

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine worked well. Kept me cool and the wife warm. But I also had the vented seats.

I have the ventilated seats as well. They work great to keep you cool! Much better than my parents Lexus they had.

OP
OP
Mountaineer83

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, had my climate control checked at the dealer while I was in for the transmission recall.

Just as I figured: "working as designed". Guess I may try another dealer closer to home and let them show me another truck on the lot that does the same thing.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I fuss my wife for touching the dual climate controls, so now she just keeps a jacket in my truck and turns on the heated seat. :D