Questions about installing Clazzio Leather Seat Covers in a Regular Cab...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I got my Custom Ordered Clazzio Leather Seat Covers about a week and a half ago but I have not gotten a chance to install them because it was either too cold, raining/snowing or I was feeling sick that day.

4206b19265315952c07e7f6d14ed2a2b.jpg

So I'm planning to do the install tomorrow, aslong as it doesn't rain and aslong as weather.com is correct and it's going to be 51° tomorrow.

I have a few questions about the install I was hoping other members who have done this install could answer for me:

1. Considering I'm installing these in a Regular Cab and not a Crew/Quad, would it be easier and quicker to just remove the seats and jump seat, because of the lack of room behind the seats? Or is it easier/quicker if I install the seat covers with the seat in the truck?

2. To anyone who has installed these leather covers before; did you have to do any cutting or customizing for the headrest holes or any other stuff that is on the seats? If so, what did you have to cut and what did you use to cut it?

3. If you have installed these exact covers before onto 4th gen seats, do you have any tips or tricks you can share with me that might help? Or if they're some trouble areas and you know of a unique way to get around the issues.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with some tips or suggestions or whatever. Hopefully someone chimes in and says it's easier to do the Reg Cab with the seats still in, as taking them out for the very first time is a real p.i.t.a. with the factory "glue" on the seats frame bolts.

Here's a picture of the custom headrest embroidery I had done:
1b11042abe35c8ffdc1e6940c4b0db8d.jpg

My intentions are to turn the truck into an R/T as much as I can. I'm searching for R/T Wheels right now.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I saw another thread on here and the guy said no need to remove the seats, it's easy to do with them in place. I ordered a custom 2 tone set and will be installing mine in another 4-5 weeks.

Link: http://www.ramforum.com/f42/clazzio_install_weekend_-_any_suggestions-88206/
Thanks... ive been watching a bunch of YouTube videos on the install but none of them said whether to remove the seats or keep them installed. I was just unsure of how easy it would be because I don't have all that room a crew/quad has to get behind the seat but if other Reg Cab owners are doing it with the seats still in then I should be good.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, no need to remove the seats. It's not like you have to mess around with hog rings or anything. No cutting or customizing necessary for the headrests (they are a bit stubborn to get on though). Just take your time and follow the instructions. After the first seat the second will be a breeze.

Last edited:

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Ya don't remove the seats. You have to take the headrest out and squish it quite a bit to get the clazzio on. The jump seat was the worst fit for me. It's very loose there. I think you can remove the plastic trim for the cup holder and sandwich the clazzio in there. Have no fear. It will all look 10x better than the oem gray cloth.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
As stated, leave the seats in. I found the most difficult part was the headrest covers. I had 6 to do on mine. The front seats were not difficult. I stuck the seat heaters to the stock seats then put the covers on. There is a wire protruding from the bottom of the seat back for the air bags. I had to slit the hole in the original cover to allow that wire to be pulled up higher in order to Velcro the Clazzio flap. You may not have this wire or it might be positioned differently.
If you have the jump seat your bottom should be easy but on a crew cab with the rear heater ducts the cover does not fit at all. That will be a project for the spring. The top cover also needs major reconfiguration to look appropriate. Of course if you have the center console it wont matter.
I'll post some pics later when I get to a real computer.

And so its later and I am at a real computer...

Here is the wire I was referring to. I cut a slit to allow the wire to be pulled straight across the lower back section. I did not want to disconnect the wire due to the air bags and had no interest in disconnecting both batteries.
2016-12-27%2010.05.39_zpsplayroiu.jpg

Next are the seat heaters stuck to the original upholstery:
2016-12-27%2010.20.46_zpsmfoe0nmj.jpg
2016-12-27%2009.50.48_zps32vrjkb1.jpg

And here are some completed pics:
2016-12-27%2010.53.02_zpsk76ar5bg.jpg
2016-12-21%2014.10.46_zpsxaxqpgn0.jpg

I still need to cover the jump seat and figure out how to mount the heater switches. If I were to do this again I would use the Metra kits. If this setup does not work out they will get reworked next summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As stated, leave the seats in. I found the most difficult part was the headrest covers. I had 6 to do on mine. The front seats were not difficult. I stuck the seat heaters to the stock seats then put the covers on. There is a wire protruding from the bottom of the seat back for the air bags. I had to slit the hole in the original cover to allow that wire to be pulled up higher in order to Velcro the Clazzio flap. You may not have this wire or it might be positioned differently.
If you have the jump seat your bottom should be easy but on a crew cab with the rear heater ducts the cover does not fit at all. That will be a project for the spring. The top cover also needs major reconfiguration to look appropriate. Of course if you have the center console it wont matter.
I'll post some pics later when I get to a real computer.

And so its later and I am at a real computer...

Here is the wire I was referring to. I cut a slit to allow the wire to be pulled straight across the lower back section. I did not want to disconnect the wire due to the air bags and had no interest in disconnecting both batteries.
2016-12-27%2010.05.39_zpsplayroiu.jpg

Next are the seat heaters stuck to the original upholstery:
2016-12-27%2010.20.46_zpsmfoe0nmj.jpg
2016-12-27%2009.50.48_zps32vrjkb1.jpg

And here are some completed pics:
2016-12-27%2010.53.02_zpsk76ar5bg.jpg
2016-12-21%2014.10.46_zpsxaxqpgn0.jpg

I still need to cover the jump seat and figure out how to mount the heater switches. If I were to do this again I would use the Metra kits. If this setup does not work out they will get reworked next summer.
Cool thanks for the tips. I'm going to wait to install a heated seat kit until I get my center console swap done. I want to mount the heated seat switches on each side of the center console so I minus well just wait until I get the console installed and finished before I install the heated seat kit. Probably will be a project over the summer. I'm picking up the center console on Friday but I have a few misc. pieces to still pick up in order to put it in.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I used the heated seats today, powered through the 12v accesssory socket and with the switches laying on the mini console. They worked! Still do not get hot as fast as my Monte but they do get nice and toasty. My Tradesman has fuses for the seat heaters and the switches but it does not have the wires under the seat. I will probably just use a micro2 fuse tap in F98 to power the heaters permanently.
I saw your 06 on the other forum. You did a ton of work on it!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01