Ra 5.0 to 8.4 radio bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I am not looking for one, just doing recon for future projects. And it just may be my opinion but the site could use a ton of work. I know 3 year olds who could design better search engines, maybe they could even post a picture or two? I realize that the technology is along way off. Who knows maybe some day someone in the far off future may develop that technology. We can only hope.

I see the RA3 on there for sub 200.00 cause nobody wants them. The cheapest RA4 I saw was 595.00, using multiple searches. When you got your RA4 for 250.00 you must have hit something just right.

Ok I digress, and perhaps ranting abit my apologies.

Last edited:

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best prices on the 8.4 na vp4 were $600 plus on car-part. I tried calling the guys who didn't list a price but, said call. About the 10th one I got lucky and the guy had two for the same price one from a 2014 and a 2015. I got the 2015 knowing the Sirius would be good for nearly a year.
Just make sure you get a pic of the back of the unit so you know beforehand what you are getting.
I tried the s100 seicane radio at first as an alternative to the factory unit 8.4. It's easy to do and comes with everything. But, you lose a few things like rear camera, Sirius etc. there are some workarounds. Problem is there are companies here that sell the dodge navigation upgrade (one is in Texas) for $599. Plus shipping. Most of the time they drop ship from China. Funny thing is you can order the exact same radio direct from Seicane - Global Online Shopping for Car DVD Player Radio Nav,Car Accessories for about $375 and another $40 to ship to the U.S. that unit has navigation and volume switch built in and it does improve the sound. My problem with a certain texas company was they sent me a used unit and charged new price. They wanted me to ship it back to China. That was a laugh.
After frustration, I deceided to go the steering wheel control and ra4 upgrade route. Was definitely a better choice and a cleaner look. And I can actually see the backup camera versus looking at a small screen on the 5.0.
Only thing I'm trying to address is the uconnect registration which is not a big deal really.
I sold my uconnect 5.0 on eBay for $250 so it knocks the total upgrade price down.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
There is 4 or 5 on ebay right now around the 550 price.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

domestique

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 (1500 Express)
Engine
HEMI 5.7 (8 speed)

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can say that LKQ through car-part was miserable to deal with, which is surprising because of the size of the company. I ordered a 8.4" RA4 for a great price and had it sent to a local warehouse for pick up. Later in the day I get a call saying it was lost somewhere in transit and they would be refunding me. The whole situation seemed very sketchy and after all the people I spoke with about it they were not willing to help (even hung up on). With that being said, I ordered another one from LKQ online and it shipped today. This part is also the same one that LKQ lied and said wasn't available. Apparently they are 2 separate divisions under the same name. I'll let everyone know once the new radio gets here, fingers crossed its the right one.

Update here, http://www.ramforum.com/f51/uconnect_ra2_ra4-62523/#post979522

aqualite75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called them earlier last week but they weren't in yet. I'll call them in the morning and order mine. This will get me working until the official 8.4 bezel is figured out. Looks nice!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Well in the interest of blowing this thread up...
20141027_152328_zpsf5slz3sh.jpg

You know what that is don't you...
It's my 8.4 radio in my 5.0 dash.
If you've got the steering wheel audio control then you don't need their bezel at all.

what year ram was this - I see it was posted in 2014 - is this for a 2014 ram? I am struggling with the cost of the custom bezel (in 2019), and would love to just swap an 8.4 into this.
thanks!
Josh

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
what year ram was this - I see it was posted in 2014 - is this for a 2014 ram? I am struggling with the cost of the custom bezel (in 2019), and would love to just swap an 8.4 into this.
thanks!
Josh

Josh that is a 5.0 bezel with an 8.4 behind it. The edge doesn’t line up perfectly but it is doable. You absolutely need steering wheel audio controls to work the radio.
I ran this setup while I waited for the correct bezel and HVAC parts.