Rear windows and sliding windows not working.. HELP PLZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Truck is a 2011 Ram 2500 SLT CC 4wd. The rear windows won't roll down from either door switch or the driver door switch. Sliding rear window will not open either. I tried replacing the drivers door main switch with no changes. I noticed when i press the rear window switches while the switches are illuminated, they lose their illumination (where the front switches continue to stay illuminated during use). Anyone have any ideas? This is really getting on my nerves, any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
F

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
checked all of the wiring... its all fine... I just dont get it... rear windows AND the sliding rear window... fuses all ok, new drivers door master switch didn't fix it.. WTF? Any more ideas?

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
checked all of the wiring... its all fine... I just dont get it... rear windows AND the sliding rear window... fuses all ok, new drivers door master switch didn't fix it.. WTF? Any more ideas?

Did you actually check for continuity between the wires in the door conduit and any of the inop components or just visually inspect them?

I don't have access to tech info for your truck year/model, but for a new 2500 it says they are all powered by the BCM. Here's an excerpt from the Rear Power sliding window operation; the power windows are similarly worded:

"Rear Power Window Switch - Operation

OPERATION

The power sliding rear window center pane of glass is driven (slides) via cables through a 2-way window motor regulator. A bi-directional switch is used to control the sliding glass which is located in the overhead console. Sliding the switch one way will operate the power sliding window pane open. Sliding the switch back will close the power sliding window pane. The pane must be unlocked in order for the power feature to function. The switch is supplied power by the BCM. The overhead console switches, bulb holders and wiring harness are serviced only as a unit and are not available individually for service."

It may be worth your while to spend the $20 for access to tech info on your truck at alldatadiy.com. I've used them for years and it has saved me many hours of troubleshooting and thousands of dollars in misdiagnosed issues. Love it.

OP
OP
F

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you actually check for continuity between the wires in the door conduit and any of the inop components or just visually inspect them?

I don't have access to tech info for your truck year/model, but for a new 2500 it says they are all powered by the BCM. Here's an excerpt from the Rear Power sliding window operation; the power windows are similarly worded:

"Rear Power Window Switch - Operation

OPERATION

The power sliding rear window center pane of glass is driven (slides) via cables through a 2-way window motor regulator. A bi-directional switch is used to control the sliding glass which is located in the overhead console. Sliding the switch one way will operate the power sliding window pane open. Sliding the switch back will close the power sliding window pane. The pane must be unlocked in order for the power feature to function. The switch is supplied power by the BCM. The overhead console switches, bulb holders and wiring harness are serviced only as a unit and are not available individually for service."

It may be worth your while to spend the $20 for access to tech info on your truck at alldatadiy.com. I've used them for years and it has saved me many hours of troubleshooting and thousands of dollars in misdiagnosed issues. Love it.

I can't find anything about a Body Control Module anywhere... If your talking about the TIPM... that scares me... as thats expensive as hell...and I wouldn't know where to start on replacing it. but it seems odd that all 3 of the rear windows would stop, but the fronts still function?

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
this may sound stupid, but this can't have anything to do with some child-proof interlock device or option, can it?

OP
OP
F

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
this may sound stupid, but this can't have anything to do with some child-proof interlock device or option, can it?

I don't have any special options on the truck. Its got the standard window lock on the truck, and i've replaced the driver switch where that is housed, with no changes...

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
look for pinched wires, between teh rear door and the truck body. happened on my truck and really had to look to fidn it.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I can't find anything about a Body Control Module anywhere... If your talking about the TIPM... that scares me... as thats expensive as hell...and I wouldn't know where to start on replacing it. but it seems odd that all 3 of the rear windows would stop, but the fronts still function?
After some research, it looks like your TIPM supplies power to all your windows and most other interior power. I would start at the rear window pins at the master switch by testing for power (with the key on). If you have power there, move backward by testing wires individually in the rubber boot in the rear door. If there is power there, move back to the rear switches.

If you dont have power at the master on the rear window pins, you may have to find where the power and ground come from on the TIPM and go from there.

There are a lot of people experiencing problems with the wires in the rear door rubber boot area. It makes sense. That is one of the only places where all three circuits are in close proximity.

If you have power at all the switches, then it has to be control problem. Most likely the TIPM itself or a connector or ground on it. There are several videos on removal of it on youtube. A lot of them have massive corrosion on the underside. Hope this helps and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk