Regular cab seat belt location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I have an issue I'm going to address. I don't like the way the seat belts are so far back from the seats/my reach. I don't have my seat all the way back, so I have to use my right hand to reach my belt instead of my normal routine of using my left.

I am working on a seat belt strap holder like the old school rides had. I plan to use some billet stock, and mount it under the head rest by drilling holes for the head rest to slide through, and a simple slot for the belt to slide through. Need to ensure I don't bind up for safety reasons.

I'm just curious if anyone else has done anything for this, or am I just lazy :)

Sent from my belly button...

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Possibly these. They go for $40 a set. They are factory BMW holders.

attachment.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
those are kinda neat..........

wonder if they'd keep the damn seat off of the door panel and making noise. LOL

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to order these in the interim. My custom pieces will take me a little while. I will post up some info and a review when they come in. :beer:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I have an issue I'm going to address. I don't like the way the seat belts are so far back from the seats/my reach. I don't have my seat all the way back, so I have to use my right hand to reach my belt instead of my normal routine of using my left.

I am working on a seat belt strap holder like the old school rides had. I plan to use some billet stock, and mount it under the head rest by drilling holes for the head rest to slide through, and a simple slot for the belt to slide through. Need to ensure I don't bind up for safety reasons.

I'm just curious if anyone else has done anything for this, or am I just lazy :)

:rofl: I totally know what you mean, they are in a really far back position on the Reg Cabs, I'd imagine this would be even worse with the seat forward.

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:rofl: I totally know what you mean, they are in a really far back position on the Reg Cabs, I'd imagine this would be even worse with the seat forward.

It sure is my friend. Lol. It's darn right annoying when you have your right hand starting the truck. I love to multitask :D

The holders should fix the issue. Who knows, I might just keep the BMW ones if they work well.

TriSum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
yeah, they are back there a ways. I also hate it because my 7 year old lets the belt go where the seat mount would normally be (not her fault, short arms) and the belt flies against the door.

Let us know if those work.

David

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was and is the only gripe I have with my truck. I have the seat all the way back and it still is a booger to get to. I like all the space behind the seats, but that kinda is what causes the seatbelt problem. They really should have come stock with some sort of holder like yall are talking about. Im definitely interested to see how you like them. I would be all over that if it works well.

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope to have them in soon. I will also ensure they are "kid" tested :)

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, this will be a no go for me using the BMW holders. I will upload a pic soon, but they would not allow the headrest to sit down all the way.

Aesthetically they were not pleasing to me.

Functionally they worked well.

Now I know my custom ones will work when I build them.

OP
OP
mojoe

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the picture.
971576_593574937333814_1459685762_n.jpg

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
ok thats a really good idea....yeah they are back far for us short legged people. im gonna have to investigate doing something simular........great idea