Removing front center seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemismith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 3rd gen Rams I removed the front center seat so my dog could lay in the middle. Can someone tell me if that would work on the new Rams? I'm wondering in particular because of the air vents to the back seat.

Thanks.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
Would be a cool spot for a subwoofer ...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There are air ducts in crew cabs and there are exposed electronics in all cab sizes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
On my 3rd gen Rams I removed the front center seat so my dog could lay in the middle. Can someone tell me if that would work on the new Rams? I'm wondering in particular because of the air vents to the back seat.

Thanks.

Since there are electric connections there what about folding down the back seat and cut a piece of plywood or something in a T shape, cover it with cloth, lay the wide pert of the T on the rear bench and the thin part on your console? Now your dog would have access to the center at a higher level! :)
My dog just chills on the whole back seat lol

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have to pull both front seats. There is bolts attached to each seat that holds the center seat down.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You have to pull both front seats. There is bolts attached to each seat that holds the center seat down.
You are mistaken. The center seat comes out with out removing any other seats. Their are 4 13mm (I think that's the right size) bolts to remove. Two in front, two in the rear.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are mistaken. The center seat comes out with out removing any other seats. Their are 4 13mm (I think that's the right size) bolts to remove. Two in front, two in the rear.

On my 2014 express I had to remove the bolts in my passenger seat. Two nuts from the center. Rock the passenger seat back and get the other two nuts off the center seat. If you can get all four with out that, I couldn't do it. I've had them out a couple times. Once to install new skins. Another to run the wires for the heated seats I installed.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I replaced mine in my 2014. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
The seat belt buckle is attached to the drivers seat. you need to pull the seat up to get that torx bolt out. I didnt want to scratch anything so it took 10 more mins to remove the seats.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK no arguement wanted but just info... both versions seem right...I just want to re,ove the center seat belys as they stick up and stick into my dog when he lays on the center cushion. I got the back off of the center seat just want to keep the center cushion ( seat ) without the seat belts sticking up...can either of you guys advise please..thanks Dave

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
look at this video at the 9:07 minute point, to get an idea of what is under the center floor console

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks but what I need to know is how to take the center seat seat belts out...just the seat belt harnesses..thanks