Removing rear seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anybody remove the rear seat of a 4 door Ram? I don't own one yet, but would like to know if there are any electronics to be concerned with by removing the rear seat, (to make room for our "kids" (dogs) ... Just went looking today,,, 2500 4x4,, nice....

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
two plugs- you might get heated seats or seat lights. Remote start transceiver is on the back wall of the cab, but just taking out the seats no issues, put the harnesses in the carpet.

OP
OP
M

Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
two plugs- you might get heated seats or seat lights. Remote start transceiver is on the back wall of the cab, but just taking out the seats no issues, put the harnesses in the carpet.

Thanks very much Doc.... Thats what I was looking for !!!!! :)

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I would recommend getting a Fold Flat floor if your truck doesnt come with one, as I see no real need to remove the seat for the extra 6" of room.

OP
OP
M

Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I haven't looked underneath the trucks yet,,, but why is the Mega cab a flat floor in the rear,, but a Crew cab still has the hump ????

OP
OP
M

Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would recommend getting a Fold Flat floor if your truck doesnt come with one, as I see no real need to remove the seat for the extra 6" of room.

Never seen one,,, but wouldn't that raise the floor up even more than it is already ???? I'm going to need a ramp so our older dogs (kids) can get in a 4x4 Ram.... Maybe even one for my wife.... :)

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Never seen one,,, but wouldn't that raise the floor up even more than it is already ???? I'm going to need a ramp so our older dogs (kids) can get in a 4x4 Ram.... Maybe even one for my wife.... :)

Basically makes the whole back one level instead of the hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk