Rifle storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Where do you guys store your rifles when you transport them? I don't have a shell or tonneau cover. When I transported them in my nissan titan, I had plenty of room under the rear seat for four rifles and four behind the rear seat. That way they weren't visible and could seat people in the back.

Yeah I know I can use the bed. I don't like to because I don't want those cases exposed if I have to stop somehere. I don't want a cover because I take my dirt bikes. Is there anyway to remove that useless storage bin under the rear seat?

And I know, I should of bought a mega cab.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you have Ramboxes they make rifle racks for them...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't have ram boxes. The dealer I bought from only had ram boxes on the long horn limited.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you need to have them cased in your state for transport? I'm thinking your only option is a fold flat floor, or the back seat.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How many you need to take at once? They make seat covers with holders so your guns go from the back of the drivers seat to the back of the passenger seat. I think the ones I looked at held 4 guns.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where I'm from people see guns and are smart enough to realize you're probably not someone to **** with. I'll stay here in the woods.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Tradesman-Cross-Bed-Truck-Tool-Box.jpg

Good for maybe 4 rifles.

truck bed rifle cases tend to only carry 2 riffles and limited some long guns wont fit.

70200_humpstor_guns_img_7631_lg.jpg

You in nor cal? I have a new 17 to shoot and a new scope for my ar I need to dial in.

And btw, CA makes an exception for trucks but the Rifle needs to be locked up both the action and in a case but the ammo can travel if you don't have a trunk. you could opt for putting the ammo in the bed in a box and carry your rifles in the back, if you don't trust me. A couple cops both told me the exception for trucks, ask your local pd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tradesman-Cross-Bed-Truck-Tool-Box.jpg

Good for maybe 4 rifles.

truck bed rifle cases tend to only carry 2 riffles and limited some long guns wont fit.

70200_humpstor_guns_img_7631_lg.jpg

You in nor cal? I have a new 17 to shoot and a new scope for my ar I need to dial in.

And btw, CA makes an exception for trucks but the Rifle needs to be locked up both the action and in a case but the ammo can travel if you don't have a trunk. you could opt for putting the ammo in the bed in a box and carry your rifles in the back, if you don't trust me. A couple cops both told me the exception for trucks, ask your local pd.

I know trucks are expempt for obvious reasons. When I mentioned Seperate, as in not having ammo inside with gun locked and loaded.

I might look into that lock boxes. If I can get my bike up there, that's not a bad option.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
could chain them down to the bed and then wrap it in a tarp so they can't see anything

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looks like they got gun racks especially for some of those tool boxes.

311RZNAGRPL.jpg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you're looking for a DIY way to hide one or two, I know there is a member who performed a simple modification so the rear seat back folds down. You could probably fit at least one back there, maybe even cased...

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you're looking for a DIY way to hide one or two, I know there is a member who performed a simple modification so the rear seat back folds down. You could probably fit at least one back there, maybe even cased...

I would love more info on that. I would love for the rear sear back to fold.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Edited because that was the directions for 3rd Generation Rams.

In 2013 and up and maybe earlier fourth gens all you need to do is install spacers like these:

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RAM-SPACERS

Apparently with these installed, it leaves enough clearance to clear the hooks holding the rear seat to the cab wall...

Last edited: