Scotchgard the seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Has anyone used the Scotchgard in the spray can on their truck seats??
Does it work? is is worth the time? I have a 2015 Quad Cab light Gray seats and was also worried it might stain the seats?
Thanks

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used the stuff before, but never on car seats. Not sure why I haven't thought of that! I wouldn't think it was discolor it... I've used it on clothes and coats before with no issues.

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just used it on my new 2016 cloth seats, and carpet. No staining was observed. Have no idea if it helps, but thought it couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks alot guys.. Ill pick up a few cans and hit the seats

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
isnt that what the dealers did in the eighties?

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did my center of my sport seats with no adverse effects, hopefully it will keep them from getting stained but im not going to test it lol

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of people assume that adding leather is a pricey option. If your handy, you can do it yourself with a standard socket set, a set of hog ring pliers and six pack of beer. Cost for a two-tone leather combo to match your truck would run about $500 shipped to your door. Beats having to scotch card and worry about staining all the time.. plus not only does it look better, but will add value to your truck.

I know this is a little off to the OP's question.. but just wanted to throw it out there. Cheers!

Xtraveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn
Engine
3.6l v6 24v vvt
Hey steen where to order?

Do you have a web site where a person could order some leather seat covers?

Thanks

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
A lot of people assume that adding leather is a pricey option. If your handy, you can do it yourself with a standard socket set, a set of hog ring pliers and six pack of beer. Cost for a two-tone leather combo to match your truck would run about $500 shipped to your door. Beats having to scotch card and worry about staining all the time.. plus not only does it look better, but will add value to your truck.

I know this is a little off to the OP's question.. but just wanted to throw it out there. Cheers!

A nice option amd food for thought :) Thanks and as asked do you have a link ? :)

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have debated buying the 499 katzkin kit off ebay but I kinda like my cloth inserts on my sport, they aren't near as hot in the summer and not near as cold in the winter and i don't stick to them on long road trips

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a web site where a person could order some leather seat covers?

Thanks

Home - Auto Interior Decorators
Call or email and ask for Chris Charlton

A nice option amd food for thought :) Thanks and as asked do you have a link ? :)

I have debated buying the 499 katzkin kit off ebay but I kinda like my cloth inserts on my sport, they aren't near as hot in the summer and not near as cold in the winter and i don't stick to them on long road trips

I live in Florida where it's "hot" and in the summer it's "hot as hell".. LOL. Trade off is well worth it to me.. also I added heated seats for about $30. :happy107:

Also... here's the most important part! You are NOT limited to just plain boring black, gray, tan, standard design, etc. etc. For MINIMAL cost you can change the design and two-tone your leather. There are various layout designs you can get. Check this out specifically for our truck!

I would highly recommend that if you want to do a custom color interior that you order a sample book first for about $30 it will have the actual colors of the leather and will take the guessing game out.

If you're sticking with the stock colors. Here's a list of the stock Mopar colors and Katzkin color reference charts: HERE

Here's a couple pics of my custom interior. Notice not only the design style, the embossed leather, the two tone, the perforated inserts.. cost me about $700 shipped to my front door. :favorites13:

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

I live in Florida where it's "hot" and in the summer it's "hot as hell".. LOL. Trade off is well worth it to me.. also I added heated seats for about $30. :happy107:

Also... here's the most important part! You are NOT limited to just plain boring black, gray, tan, standard design, etc. etc. For MINIMAL cost you can change the design and two-tone your leather. There are various layout designs you can get. Check this out specifically for our truck!

I would highly recommend that if you want to do a custom color interior that you order a sample book first for about $30 it will have the actual colors of the leather and will take the guessing game out.

If you're sticking with the stock colors. Here's a list of the stock Mopar colors and Katzkin color reference charts: HERE

Here's a couple pics of my custom interior. Notice not only the design style, the embossed leather, the two tone, the perforated inserts.. cost me about $700 shipped to my front door. :favorites13:

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

WOW the seats look awesome! And at 700$ I have to say a KILLER deal! Just what I need now is spend more money on my truck lol . I have seen 2 tone seats before but man the way you had your done is just plain bad ass looking . Thanks for the link and pics! Ill check the link out in a few minutes

Steen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW the seats look awesome! And at 700$ I have to say a KILLER deal! Just what I need now is spend more money on my truck lol . I have seen 2 tone seats before but man the way you had your done is just plain bad ass looking . Thanks for the link and pics! Ill check the link out in a few minutes

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. Wanted to do something unique. If I can help in anyway, just let me know. You will have trouble getting the Dodge logos in the states. If you want the embroidery, you will have to order them for Canada. But they are exceptionally more money believe it or not.

Bfazona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Katzkin leather sure is nice though. Had a setup in a Subaru years ago and IMO, the leather is better quality than factory (most are fake anyhow). As for Scotchguard, I've used it with good luck. Helps repel any liquids that may get on the fabric.