Seat Fabric Removal 13 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Really couldn’t find a good thread or a good video on how to remove the cloth factory seat covers to install heated seat set up I bought. Saw one guy but he pulled the whole seat out. I thought someone told me they unlatched the plastic on the edge of the seat and pulled it up. By time I got home to check it out it was too dark. I wanna put my aftermarket heated seat in this weekend. One dude said it was simple and took 20 min. That means it will take me half a day...i usually always hit a major snag somewhere lol....any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks....

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is simple, but not 20 minutes simple. You'd have to take off the side plastic perhaps. Cut some hogrings out. Pull some clips off. Place your heated seat pads. Reinstall said clips. Re hogring the seat and redo the side plastic. I took all the cloth off and re skinned my seats with leather in about five hours. I have quite a bit of experience though

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Yeah thanks I didn’t think it was as easy as some people said. I’m prob going to attempt it next week. Honestly will they go back on as nice as they came off?? Once ya cut the rings and stuff my seats won’t be jacked up after I put them back on?

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your skins will have memory....if they have some sort of wrinkle, you could always take your iron out there and iron them. Assuming they're cloth. If they're pleather, then damp towel and iron. The hogrings won't change. There is a small window in the foam and an eyelet in the seat. You simply put the hog ring through the two and squeeze.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a steamer or steam iron use that once you install the seat back on. If its an iron try not to let the iron contact the seat as it might melt and deform the foam underneath.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for info guys. Gonna give it a try.