seating six in 2017 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramshrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at a 2017 Mega or Crew Cab 3500 4x4 diesel with AISIN, and I really want it to be able to seat six (3 across the front). I don't understnd what options I want or don't want to ensure there is floor space for the middle front seat passenger. Lots of the models I've seen have a floor console which I don't want. The dealers really couldn't provide me a clear answer.

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure u get a middle jump seat and not a console

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The only trucks I've seen with the 40/20/20 split front seat and a console are the Power Wagon and the Manual transmissions.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You need to find a better dealer because this is one of the obvious things every dealer should know.

The 3500 trucks come with front bench seats all the way up to the Laramie trim. The bucket seats are an option. On Longhorn and Limited the buckets are standard. So, you're going to be looking at a Laramie or lower trim without the bucket seat option. This will give you the "jump seat" in front instead of the console.

Keep in mind, though, the front center is not a very comfortable place to be. If you're planning on putting an adult there for any length of time, you might be disappointed (or they will be, at least).

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have the bench seat in my 2014 3500 Mega and Auto Transmission you still have the fold down piece in the front for when there's no third passenger in the front, great storage.

No problem with the rear seat holding three grown men but the front??? As OOR/T said its not a very comfortable seat and if I had a grown man in it I would find them in my way when I drove. no problem for a child and small women but not sure about the grown man thing.

If you're looking at the Aisin Transmission I guess your looking at the DRW and not the SRW. If you are looking at the SRW why the Aisin?

Last edited:

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
3 weeks ago I just purchased a 2017 2500 mega cab Laramie sport package with the jump seat for this same reason. I was able to find a ton with the jump seat option.

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to steal the thread but has anyone heard of a rear jump seat or rear foldaway center armrest. Either factory or mod

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ramshrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the bench seat in my 2014 3500 Mega and Auto Transmission you still have the fold down piece in the front for when there's no third passenger in the front, great storage.

No problem with the rear seat holding three grown men but the front??? As OOR/T said its not a very comfortable seat and if I had a grown man in it I would find them in my way when I drove. no problem for a child and small women but not sure about the grown man thing.

If you're looking at the Aisin Transmission I guess your looking at the DRW and not the SRW. If you are looking at the SRW why the Aisin?

This would be for a teenager, small adult, etc, and not for too long. Couple hours at most.

(The AISIN is overkill for sure. I just love the way it feels and drives.)

So what I'm looking for is a Tradesman, SLT, or Laramie without bucket seats? And is the 'console' the part that folds down making an armrest when there is not a sixth passenger in the front, or is the 'console' the part that is on the floor and extends from dash to the seat?

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You can get bucket seats with a full floor console or you can get a 40/20/40 split front seat. This center of this seat folds up up to allow for a third person. Or can be folded down and used as a armrest. In certain configs, the bottle also folds up and has storage underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
You can get bucket seats with a full floor console or you can get a 40/20/40 split front seat. This center of this seat folds up up to allow for a third person. Or can be folded down and used as a armrest. In certain configs, the bottle also folds up and has storage underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

correct. on my 17 I have storage under my jump seat