SO NOISY! help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
not sure if anyone els has this issue but when ever i hit the break pedal to the floor i hear like a "CLUNK" sound....2nd..The steering wheel column almost there the adjustable leaver is..i hear like rattle in there when ever im driving..semi lots of vibrations...like the big plastic piece on top of the steering wheel column...it's like a steady vibration that comes and goes...please help trust is lifted 6" with 37's 2015 ram 1500 sport.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an issue with mine making noise under the steering column. I just pushed and pulled on whatever looked like it could be loose and it went away...I know that probably doesnt help much but its worth a shot

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Under the steering wheel there are 2 screws to tighten the assembly up. Make sure they are tight. If anyone has ever done airbag or steering wheel work they have to remove it, and it a pain in the butt to reseat properly.

The brake clunk is very likely a pad is loose. There are million reasons it could be doing that, but likely when they put on the lift they forgot the clip that holds the brake pads tight so they wobble a bit, when you press the brake the pad lodges itself oddly and thumps around. Other than that it could be a balljoint not set proper.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Can you elaborate more about your brake peddle hitting the floor?

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you elaborate more about your brake peddle hitting the floor?

when i push down on the break all the way to the max i hear a clunk sound...not loud but its there....