Somebody Stop me, Mods, mods, mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchadhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, so I've owned my ram for a week tomorrow and I already have these mods/enhancements planned/ordered:

bakflip Vp
Bedrug
mufflex
splash guards
tinted windows

But now I'm looking at things to do to the interior, note I have the express and love it.

Compartment door upgrade on passenger side
overhead console mod (still researching this one)
katzkin leather seat covers (love to do it, but 749 for the kit.....)
leather steering wheel cover (anyone have this? wheelskinz)
Remote Start using factory FOB

Somebody stop me..............

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
haha awesome!!!! once you start you can't stop

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
no worries, you'll stop when there is none left to do....I'm looking for my next mod already! LOL.
The Katzkin is on my list to do, agree, $770 is alot, but adds to resale too.
I did a simple one button CodeAlarm remote start. OEM is pricey!

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know what you find out on the overhead console. I've been researching it and my dealer is no help at all. :Grenade:

Nice list of mods!

OP
OP
rchadhaney

rchadhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do, I'm anxious to see how much work that will be I've read on a few other forums of people gather parts but no one actually doing the install yet...

Let us know what you find out on the overhead console. I've been researching it and my dealer is no help at all. :Grenade:

Nice list of mods!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Too late...you shoulda never done the first one...now yer addicted to mods.

Don't worry...you are in good company. :D

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't beat yourself up too bad. First week I had mine ...CIA, tint, rain guards, flowmaster, sub n amp and side steps oh and mud flaps. It will never end. Especially if you spend time on here :)

OP
OP
rchadhaney

rchadhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too late...you shoulda never done the first one...now yer addicted to mods.

Don't worry...you are in good company. :D

Ha, I'm sure I am. I just went and picked up my Mopar brand splash guards, my girlfriend is feeling kind of ignored lately, and jealous of the truck. She says I have bought her (the truck) more stuff than her (the girlfriend).

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ha, I'm sure I am. I just went and picked up my Mopar brand splash guards, my girlfriend is feeling kind of ignored lately, and jealous of the truck. She says I have bought her (the truck) more stuff than her (the girlfriend).

Yup...a lot of us here have experienced the sort of noise from our spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, significant others, etc...

At the end of the first week I owned mine, it had tinted windows, Weathertech window vents, an exhaust and a programmer. Heck, my SRT didn't even make it off the lot without its first mod.

When I start hearing the noise about how I am paying more attention to the truck or I am spending too much time in the garage working on it (or the car) I just smile and tell the wife, "At least you know where I am and you can see I'm not out chasing strange wimmen."

OP
OP
rchadhaney

rchadhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup...a lot of us here have experienced the sort of noise from our spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, significant others, etc...

At the end of the first week I owned mine, it had tinted windows, Weathertech window vents, an exhaust and a programmer. Heck, my SRT didn't even make it off the lot without its first mod.

When I start hearing the noise about how I am paying more attention to the truck or I am spending too much time in the garage working on it (or the car) I just smile and tell the wife, "At least you know where I am and you can see I'm not out chasing strange wimmen."

ha, yeah that's a good point! Now I'm reading and considering the kicker speaker upgrade as well as this:

Dodge Ram Rear View Mirror Cameras

Question I guess $849 for that kit, or do I upgrade to the better stereo with display and factory rear camera???

decision, decisions.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ha, yeah that's a good point! Now I'm reading and considering the kicker speaker upgrade as well as this:

Dodge Ram Rear View Mirror Cameras

Question I guess $849 for that kit, or do I upgrade to the better stereo with display and factory rear camera???

decision, decisions.

Guessing by better stereo you mean the higher end factory units. Well the 430 runs around $800, the 430N and 730N run around $2-2,500 plus $300 for the factory camera so $1,100-$2,800 total plus labor

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not sure what head unit you have now but I have the stock MOPAR REC/NAV unit. But everything else is aftermarket. The stock amps and speakers suck, MHO. And I've tried the Kicker upgrade in my truck...it sucked as well.

In my opinion, your biggest audio bang for the buck is to focus on a good main amp, good speakers, a LOC, sub and sub amp.

Great White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lot's of enabler's here haha, it is a disease though.

OP
OP
rchadhaney

rchadhaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lot's of enabler's here haha, it is a disease though.

Yes, I've got the sickness.

In all seriousness though I was on a Chevrolet forum for my Tahoe before this and you guys are great, more welcoming and helpful than the Chevy board!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Yes, I've got the sickness.

In all seriousness though I was on a Chevrolet forum for my Tahoe before this and you guys are great, more welcoming and helpful than the Chevy board!

By far of ANY forum I've been on, this one kicks ass. And I'd say that even if I wasn't an Admin / Vendor here. :birgits_tiredcoffee