Sport Headliner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone pulled a Sport Crew Cab headliner? I hear the only way out is through the windshield. I would love to die mine a darker color. Who designed the interior in these Sports? A red truck and I have black, dark grey, silver, chrome, beige, then green lights as night accents. I killed the silver and most of the chrome, but factory these things look odd. It's like they tried to match every color truck they made in one color scheme.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
They resolved it for 2013... My lights are LED white with a darker chrome and black leather seats with a gray headliner.

I imagine getting the headliner out would be an issue.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I got my RC headliner out the door and I got the one out of my CC F-250 out the door also.
Can't see why a Ram would be any different. I did have the seats out though on the ford...I'm sure that helped with extra room to maneuver.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For a daily driver, I think it would be far too much hassle for what it's worth. For a show truck, sure.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know the seat would have to come out to get and angle to make it out the door. I'd like to avoid pulling the entire center console if possible. I definitely do not want to pull the windshield. Being a daily driver has never stopped by from changing something on a vehicle, probably won't start now, lol. Just curious if anyone has pulled this off.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
If you pop the front seats out I bet you can wrestle it out the back door. Be aware...there's a ton of wires glued to the headliner itself and some of the plugs in the back go down behind other panels in the back plus they run down the driver side a-pillar...all along the front all the way to the passenger side visor...and they're all attached to the headliner. That was the worst part of mine when I pulled it to wrap it in suede. I got tired of chasing where they went and wound up just cutting them and reattaching everything later.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you pop the front seats out I bet you can wrestle it out the back door. Be aware...there's a ton of wires glued to the headliner itself and some of the plugs in the back go down behind other panels in the back plus they run down the driver side a-pillar...all along the front all the way to the passenger side visor...and they're all attached to the headliner. That was the worst part of mine when I pulled it to wrap it in suede. I got tired of chasing where they went and wound up just cutting them and reattaching everything later.

How are the wires attached? I'm surprised they'd be that much of a pain. The beige pillars and headliner are driving me nuts now, lol. I have a bad habit of just finding something to do to everything I own.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
They're all glued on.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had a bad spot (falling down) in my headliner in my 13 CC and the dealership replaced it under warranty. Back window had to come out......The instructions actually said to pull the front window. Scary thing was this was the same dealership that couldn't balance my tires.....Seriously, I'm not just someone who's picky as hell about the balance on my tires. After two tries at the dealership I took it to discount tire and the weights were all wrong. But they had wrote the order so they did the headliner. So far no major problems, but one of the hanger clips is on upside down, the rear brake light wasn't plugged in, and of course with this much lack of attention to details there's finger prints everywhere. Luckily not on the headliner. I'll find another place to go from now on.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a bad spot (falling down) in my headliner in my 13 CC and the dealership replaced it under warranty. Back window had to come out......The instructions actually said to pull the front window. Scary thing was this was the same dealership that couldn't balance my tires.....Seriously, I'm not just someone who's picky as hell about the balance on my tires. After two tries at the dealership I took it to discount tire and the weights were all wrong. But they had wrote the order so they did the headliner. So far no major problems, but one of the hanger clips is on upside down, the rear brake light wasn't plugged in, and of course with this much lack of attention to details there's finger prints everywhere. Luckily not on the headliner. I'll find another place to go from now on.

Yeah, I don't think I'd take my lawn mower to that place. If they couldn't but the thing back together correctly, I'm surprised they even have a garage with service like that.

If I pull the seats and maybe console sometime I might give this a shot. I was thinking about putting an amp under the console at some point. My 6x9's could use a little more juice.