Steering wheel badge removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E283849

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been playing around with my 3D modeling software during some free time and have my machinest making me a couple custome badges to replace the steering wheel, interior door insets, and tailgate badges. The interior door and tailgate are relatively easy to remove.

My question is how do you remove the badge on the steering wheel?

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been wondering this myself as I'd like to paint mine to match my outside badges. I thought about seeing if I could get some fishing line under in hopes it is just stuck on, but I don't want to go pulling to hard on the airbag portion. lol

motion80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I won't mess with the steering wheel badge ...

The air bag deployment may throw your new badge quite far ... And for sure ... I won't appreciate sitting in front of that projectile ...

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It is a PAIN IN THE A$$ to get it off. It's not put on with adhesive. Rather it is plugged into the airbag housing with two plastic tabs that stick through the plastic airbag cover and then go through a metal bracket on the inside of the cover. The only way I know of to get it off is through trial and error and a screw driver. You have to be very careful as it's very easy to mark up or leave indentations in the plastic airbag cover.

I got my steering wheel badge from a guy (I believe his name is Nathan) who runs this site: Rebadge :: Home He can custom make you pretty much anything you want. My Mopar badge is flat and I think you'd have less to worry about from it than from the stock RAM steering wheel badge. I definitely wouldn't be putting any kind of billet badge in there unless you're comfortable with the fact that it could end up embedded in your head if you get in an accident and the airbag goes off. Here's a pic of mine for reference:

422793_10150703276357329_512262328_11471941_766216438_n.jpg

Honestly I get more questions about this steering wheel badge then about anything else on my truck. When I drop my truck off for an oil change someone always asks me about either the steering wheel badge, or the damn bullet style door lock knobs I bought from Autozone for $5.00

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Neat mod I love the Ram badge way too much to remove.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just want to paint mine, but taking it off sounds like a lot trouble.

Dispatcher91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It is a PAIN IN THE A$$ to get it off. It's not put on with adhesive. Rather it is plugged into the airbag housing with two plastic tabs that stick through the plastic airbag cover and then go through a metal bracket on the inside of the cover. The only way I know of to get it off is through trial and error and a screw driver. You have to be very careful as it's very easy to mark up or leave indentations in the plastic airbag cover.

I got my steering wheel badge from a guy (I believe his name is Nathan) who runs this site: Rebadge :: Home He can custom make you pretty much anything you want. My Mopar badge is flat and I think you'd have less to worry about from it than from the stock RAM steering wheel badge. I definitely wouldn't be putting any kind of billet badge in there unless you're comfortable with the fact that it could end up embedded in your head if you get in an accident and the airbag goes off. Here's a pic of mine for reference:

422793_10150703276357329_512262328_11471941_766216438_n.jpg

Honestly I get more questions about this steering wheel badge then about anything else on my truck. When I drop my truck off for an oil change someone always asks me about either the steering wheel badge, or the damn bullet style door lock knobs I bought from Autozone for $5.00

That steering wheel badge looks cool as hell!! I've been wanting to get some sort of Mopar decals or badges to put somewhere on the truck, I went to that website and shot the guy an email

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
It has a gap so if you want to paint it just tape it off did mine came out great

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Bump for the people like me that always wanted to do this mod!!!

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So how do you take it off?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can carefully pry it off, kinda has 2 pegs sticking into the horn pad; they hold well enough to keep it in place during deployment. I replaced my emblems but I used SOFT stick on emblems so I don't become a target if deployed. The one on my Charger wheel FLEW off and I found it on the back seat floor...imagine if that had been a non oem installed hard plastic or worse metal piece.