Steering Wheel Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just bought a black leather steering wheel complete off ebay with VR/Phone and audio buttons for $250. Swapping it for my '13 express basic wheel since I already did the 8.4 upgrade. The wheel I bought has two female wiring clips inside the center. My question is whether or not I need to source a wheel harness to do the swap or will it plug in just fine???

Thanks

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will be fine.

Getting the airbag off is gonna be fun tho. lol
There are some UTube videos of how to do it that are helpful.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting the airbag off is gonna be fun tho. lol
There are some UTube videos of how to do it that are helpful.

The best tool I found to remove the Airbag is a flat head screwdriver (1/4in wide). Slide it under the pin, rotate it 90deg and pull up until it unclip (repeat 3 times)

jcollins28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best tool I found to remove the Airbag is a flat head screwdriver (1/4in wide). Slide it under the pin, rotate it 90deg and pull up until it unclip (repeat 3 times)

Don't be shy about pulling the airbag cover towards you as you unclip it. The first one will be hard the second one will be easier and third will be the worst. Also don't worry about a steering wheel puller. Just **** on the wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtI7UQGQh9g

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Look in the DIY for my post on upgrading the wheel with the audio controls. It should help.

I wonder what this button does?

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Cool upgrade. The heated wheel in this cold weather sounds sweet. I'll add this to my list which grows with every dang post I read