Swaping A/C controls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So some of the parts on the Ram seem to be plug and play when replacing it to the nicer version like the dash speedometer.

That being said do you think I can replace my single A/C Control with a dual one? Will my Ram detect the change and work as a Dual control?

I went to the Autoshow this weekend and that is when I noticed their is a Dual A/C control which mine does not have lol

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once a single always a single.

Dual control has an extra blend door and actuator on the the unit, single does not have this. From what I have heard you can put the front dual climate assembly on and it partially works, pretty sure some on this site did that. Try doing a search here or on the web.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Once a single always a single.

Dual control has an extra blend door and actuator on the the unit, single does not have this. From what I have heard you can put the front dual climate assembly on and it partially works, pretty sure some on this site did that. Try doing a search here or on the web.

As in partially work. You mean what. That's in theory it's going to function as a single. But have the looks of the dual? I'd like to know if it's possible I can care less if the dual climate works. I want to update my interior and have the wood grain upgrade. I'm a sucker for some wood grain lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By partially it will not control the temperature, but the knob functions will work as they do with the original set up. I don't think both fan control knobs worked, only one. I am going by a bad memory here but I think it was said the temperature readout on the display will still work with the updated control module.

Try doing a search here or on the web or Youtube.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crap so I am stuck with the single A/C control? I am so jealous that some Rams have Climate Control. I miss Climate Control the most. I can get over not having dual controls but if I can add Climate control onto the Ram I will. I was really hoping I could take that dash piece off of a crashed Ram and plug it into mine and the CPU would be already pre programmed.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
What radio do you have currently?
Post a picture of your radio/bezel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crap so I am stuck with the single A/C control? I am so jealous that some Rams have Climate Control. I miss Climate Control the most. I can get over not having dual controls but if I can add Climate control onto the Ram I will. I was really hoping I could take that dash piece off of a crashed Ram and plug it into mine and the CPU would be already pre programmed.

If you have the 8.4 radio already you can purchase a Dual Zone climate control bezel and install it in your truck. None of the Dual Zone (passenger controls) will work because you don't have the correct heater box. The ATC or Climate Control will not work because you don't have the correct sales code in your truck or the ambient interior temp sensor in order for it to work. Everything else will work so you would have the look of the Dual Zone ATC but not the function.

jfaubin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
[/IMG]
If you have the 8.4 radio already you can purchase a Dual Zone climate control bezel and install it in your truck. None of the Dual Zone (passenger controls) will work because you don't have the correct heater box. The ATC or Climate Control will not work because you don't have the correct sales code in your truck or the ambient interior temp sensor in order for it to work. Everything else will work so you would have the look of the Dual Zone ATC but not the function.

I suppose it work if the guy change all kit with dual actuator... like this picture HVACunit-Ram_zps070392c7.png . But, it's a big job

Antross72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed my bezel out to the dual and it doesn’t work as it should. Infotainment.com has a conversion kit.