Swapping my cloth interior out for a Laramie leather set, have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm picking up a set of leather seats out of a Laramie tomorrow. The fronts are both power, heated and cooled.

So my current seats are cloth and manual. What am I going to need in order to get these put in?

I'm assuming I won't have the correct wiring for the power, heated and cooled options, so can I wire them all separately?

I'm sure some of you have done this, so just looking for some advice/help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a entire thread in the DIY section.... tons of info and advice

OP
OP
C

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome. Thanks for the help! I should have looked there but thought it might be in interior instead.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm picking up a set of leather seats out of a Laramie tomorrow. The fronts are both power, heated and cooled.

So my current seats are cloth and manual. What am I going to need in order to get these put in?

I'm assuming I won't have the correct wiring for the power, heated and cooled options, so can I wire them all separately?

I'm sure some of you have done this, so just looking for some advice/help.

Make sure the seats you buy are out of a 13 or newer and they have the side airbags. As maize-n-blue stated you can refer to the writeup for most of the information you need. it has been done by a few members here. You can go to M2mods a vendor on the forum and they can make you a custom harness. They do wonderful work .You can also add the heated steering wheel if you chose.

OP
OP
C

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I reviewed the write up but after 55+ pages it became overwhelming.

The seats are from a newer truck and do have the side airbags.

In all honesty, I don't need the heated option, I'm in Florida, but the cooking option would be nice.

But as far as my need to have's, I just need to make sure the power works on the both of them so that they can be adjusted. The other stuff I don't mind waiting on until I can get it all figured out.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To have the power adjust function work is very simple. Just run a positive and a negative to the solid red wire and black wire in each of the yellow seat plugs and your power adjust functions will work. You can hook them up to constant 12v power from your battery or from somewhere else in your truck.