Tpms workaround?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have successfully installed the premium gauge cluster into my 2012 ram 1500, which came with the base cluster. My new evic steering wheel switch should be here later this week which will allow me access to the complete menu.. My question is this: does anyone no if there is a way to bypass or "fool" the tpms fault displayed in the first two pictures below? Will I be able to get past the fault and access the items in the third pic, or will I have to buy a tpms module right away?
c7e00556852040f12a0ae00c74d07ff9.jpg
fc5facd51147f99765aa01f88bb159d4.jpg
b9d8bbb78552e1fc49b07e572de11312.jpg
The third pic is displayed momentarily and then the second, a finally the first.. It then locks onto the first.. I'm hoping the addition of the new evic switch allows me to get past the first, easing the pressure to buy the tpms module in the next few weeks, rather than right away.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Subbed I wanna know too
Well I have good news.. I installed the new EVIC switch last night.. I not only had access to all the menu items including system setup, ie headlight delay, power delay after turning off etc., the TPMS fault is GONE! I drove my truck a short distance and it has yet to show itself.. So if the up shot of this is no little pic with numbers at all four corners, I can live with that.. Believe me I'm psyched. Let alone parts dealers are getting $90 and above for those modules. I'm glad I didn't buy one.. I was going to be in the doghouse anyway if I had right now. ( it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission as the saying goes). My wife has had some health issues as of late and we could ill afford the extra expense..
This means we both may be able to avoid buying that module at all. Woo hoo! - chris

Sent from that thing I carry around

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well I have good news.. I installed the new EVIC switch last night.. I not only had access to all the menu items including system setup, ie headlight delay, power delay after turning off etc., the TPMS fault is GONE! I drove my truck a short distance and it has yet to show itself.. So if the up shot of this is no little pic with numbers at all four corners, I can live with that.. Believe me I'm psyched. Let alone parts dealers are getting $90 and above for those modules. I'm glad I didn't buy one.. I was going to be in the doghouse anyway if I had right now. ( it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission as the saying goes). My wife has had some health issues as of late and we could ill afford the extra expense..
This means we both may be able to avoid buying that module at all. Woo hoo! - chris

Good to hear. Airbag was fun wasn't it?

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It sucked! And I deserved a "vape break" when I finally got that thing off.

How many times did the clips pop back on after you got one loose? Had that happen myself

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many times did the clips pop back on after you got one loose? Had that happen myself
When I finally got the edge of the thing pulled out from the wheel far enough on one, I'd say I had depressed that clip 3 to 5 times. Frustrating to be sure.. But I knew I had to just keep trying.. What a relief when I was finally setting that F;!? $ng thing aside.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When I finally got the edge of the thing pulled out from the wheel far enough on one, I'd say I had depressed that clip 3 to 5 times. Frustrating to be sure.. But I knew I had to just keep trying.. What a relief when I was finally setting that F;!? $ng thing aside.

Yep. No doubt. They couldn't make it easy like on my jeep WJ. 2 screws through side of steering wheel. Or like on a Chevy. 2 clips you push in from the side

OP
OP
C

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. No doubt. They couldn't make it easy like on my jeep WJ. 2 screws through side of steering wheel. Or like on a Chevy. 2 clips you push in from the side
Ya think? Even having been through that once, I hope I never have to re-live that.