Truck phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thepopeofpoland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone had any problems with their built in phone features with the touch screen with no navi? My truck the other day started to display a screen saying there is a problem with my vehicle phone and to seek dealer help. Today I went to the dealer and they can't figure anything out, even when they plugged in a scanner. I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had a problem and how they might have fixed it, or any leads to help the dealer.

OP
OP
Thepopeofpoland

Thepopeofpoland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Happens on truck start. Also I rarely pair my phone to the truck, unless on long trips.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My mother had that issue with her 2014 Grand Cherokee (very similar 8.4" system). They did some software updates (the same ones that you can do on your own with a flash drive) that resolved the issue.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Check the SXM / GPS antenna connections from the puck/sharkfin back to the radio. If the radio didn't sense enough resistance from the antenna it will throw an error.

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

T-Revs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I second the radio update, there is a service bulletin relating to messages like that.

jimmerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is saying that the vehicle phone needs service. This is the phone in the truck that will call 911 if you are in an accident. I haven't taken it in because I'm now out of warranty. I'm sure they'll try to charge me big bucks to fix. Also my navigation is all out of wack. I'm not even in the right state! Useless Nav... Glad I paid for that upgrade.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do a reset from the "secret" engineering menu. I had mine at the stealership and it wasn't communicating with the scanner and the tech was about to order a new radio. I did a reset and it started communicating. After each update I also do a reset on the radio. Hope it helps.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I still use the ole brick phone and no issues, what? Younger members will have to Google "brick phone"

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I still use the ole brick phone and no issues, what? Younger members will have to Google "brick phone"

Lol I'm 53 and my first cell phone was an AT&T built into a briefcase, weighed about 20 pounds. Sounded like crap, expensive and heavy as hell. Maxwell Smart kind of stuff....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk