Under Dash Foot well Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well. Pulled the glovebox and there weren't any loose plugs anywhere around the heater. Only empty plug I could find on driver side was a blue one attached to the brake pedal assembly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was it a plug or just wire ends? Can you snap a pic?

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
went out side and pulled the glovebox again. there is nothing under therein the 2009's. I did find a device screwed to the sidewall there that had a bluetooth symbol on it. Must be the U-connect module but it didnt say U-connect on it.

maybe this weekend when it warms up on Sunday ill try to take the knee panel and the left footwell panel and see if I can find the yellow/white wire. Man there are alot of wires under there.

tjones524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
went out side and pulled the glovebox again. there is nothing under therein the 2009's. I did find a device screwed to the sidewall there that had a bluetooth symbol on it. Must be the U-connect module but it didnt say U-connect on it.

maybe this weekend when it warms up on Sunday ill try to take the knee panel and the left footwell panel and see if I can find the yellow/white wire. Man there are alot of wires under there.

I'd just pull that panel, there should be like a green connector, yellow/white is right there when you open it, tap into that, run your power wires to your lights, and grounds as needed.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bingo. I popped off the side panel that is between dash and door. Found the plug with the correct yellow/white wires and it checked out with multimeter. Now. I wonder what this extra plug here is for. Maybe sunroof?

uploadfromtaptalk1390435548058.jpg

SafetyMan43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotcha.... Yea thats what I was thinking. hope that yellow/white is easy to get to. I may do it this weekend. get some of the inexpensive led strips from walmart.

They ain't cheap at Walmart.,.

They are 5 meters long each. I used 2 rolls of these, each roll can be cut into 2... used 1 for courtesy lighting under my doors outside, 1 for under rail lights in my bed,

Ordered 2 more, waiting for them to get here... 1 will be for front and back under dash/seat lights, and one for the shelf in the garage
(I'll find a use for it.):grd:

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm gonna see what they got. Hide my new addiction in a grocery list. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Sorry I couldnt have helped more..this other idea will do the same thing....

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No worries man. I have one if the first of the 4th produced.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed my lights under the dash tonight. I used white LED light strips from walmart. Grounded each light and then ran power to the yellow wire on the plug inside the panel on the driver side of the dash. Very nice, easy mod.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd just pull that panel, there should be like a green connector, yellow/white is right there when you open it, tap into that, run your power wires to your lights, and grounds as needed.

:waytogo: Did mine tonight exactly like that. Works perfect!

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed my lights under the dash tonight. I used white LED light strips from walmart. Grounded each light and then ran power to the yellow wire on the plug inside the panel on the driver side of the dash. Very nice, easy mod.

PICS or it didnt happen.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
You guys are ahead of me...I am still in the planning stages...I have 15ft of Blue led..10ft of yellow..and 20 Blue 5mm led bullets..probably put a 12 inch? led strip under each footwell..two blue 5mm bullets in bottom each door skin facing down like mirror puddle lights..and led strip under rear fold down seat all wired to the circuit that controls dome light..my wires being yellow/violet..out here in the country gets dark at night..will nice to light the ground up at night when you open a door...

RandyW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I just found this thread on here, after posting a question about doing this on another forum.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn 4x4. The first thing I do to a new truck is change out all the bulbs to LEDs (and add additional lighting). I've got two lights left, that I can't seem to figure out. One is the light in the overhead console that illuminates the cupholder area. It isn't just a bulb you can swap out. It looks to be in some type of clear plastic housing with wires running into it. Anyway, that brings me to the second light I have a problem with. My truck has a light on the front passenger side, illuminating the floorboard area (under the dash). This seems to be the same type of light/bulb that is in the overhead console. It doesn't look like something you can just swap out. Is this light swappable? Or am I going to have to cut the wire and re-wire my own LED strip lights? My original plan was to daisy chain two LED strip lights together, plug the first one in on the passenger side and run the wire to the second one behind the dash, over to the driver's side. I'm kinda stuck now, as I don't know what to do here.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I tapped into the yellow/white one for mine, the other one wasnt needed for me.

Works good, found a bolt under the steering column for my ground.

Theres a strip under the passenger glove box you can mount lights too.

On the drivers side, I sort of just zip tied it around stuff, works lol.

I'd use a strip like this:
Universal 194 168 158 921 T10 T15 14'' 21 SMD 5050 Strip HID Xenon White 2pcs | eBay

Comes with SMD 5050 leds, super bright, sticky backing for mounting.

Great deal.. Anyone use these? Im going to order two sets i think..

mocaby73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Put those in my truck tonight.

Attachments

• lights 2.jpg
    lights 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 712