Under Seat Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Went to open my storage compartment under the back seats the other day and the latch broke. IMG_3656.JPG

No obvious way to open the compartment now. Any ideas on opening it and how to replace the latch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
if you have a warranty, I would like the dealer fix it. If not, I would cut it out and replace the door with a metal locking door (or look for a used one that someone removed after replacing theirs).

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab what's left of the latch handle to open it, then you can get at the mechanism to replace it. Just my .02$

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Went to open my storage compartment under the back seats the other day and the latch broke. View attachment 91948

No obvious way to open the compartment now. Any ideas on opening it and how to replace the latch?

Under seat or in floor? I don't have lids on my under seat storage area. I have fold-flat floor under the seat... maybe that's the difference? Do you have a pic of the lid you're trying to open?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's under the seat. I don't have the fold flat floor. IMG_3663.JPG

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab what's left of the latch handle to open it, then you can get at the mechanism to replace it. Just my .02$

That was my original thought as well. That only resulted in more broken plastic though.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, I thought you meant the under the floor storage. Thanks for the picture.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
That was my original thought as well. That only resulted in more broken plastic though.

Try super glueing a piece of something to what's left of the latch, just be very delicate when pulling on it, or use a soldering gun to melt the plastic together just to get it to open.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
May just have to carefully pry it open and then remove and replace the handle/latch assembly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael307

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys , new to the forum . I had the same problem today . Was able to put a small hook in the latch to open it, bit i agree 50 bucks is a lot for a new lne especially one that doesn't even lock . JMHO