Vibration in gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been noticing this weird vibration in my gas pedal when I hit minor bumps in the road.

I went out on a dirt/gravel road today and my gas pedal felt extremely weird with the way it felt with each and every bump.

It feels as if the pedal is loose and hollow. It's hard to describe exactly what it feels like. It just doesn't feel solid.

Has anyone else felt this or know what I'm talking about?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Quick question, do you have the adjustable pedals?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I do

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Have you tried adjusting them? With the adjustable pedals, I would consider taking it to the dealer. There may be a TSB to address the issue. I'll see if I can find one, I thought I've heard this mentioned before, but I could be mistaken.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I felt that in the pedal until I changed my stock tires and had them balanced.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I don't care for my stock tires but I only have 7k on them.

Sitkneelbend, I have a 2015 1500 Sport 4x4 CC

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll adjust them this afternoon and see if it's the same.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I would guess your tires are off balance. Although, you would probably also notice this as a vibration at highway speed as well, which you didn't comment on.

rossiskier78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have sort of the same thing with my 2010. I hit minor bumps or rough road and it feels like my gas pedal shakes with the rough road. Dealer said its normal I still am not even close to believing this...

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't recall hitting bumps on the highway and the pedal feeling like that.

But when I grab the pedals housing, there is a lot of wiggle room on the housing that immediately connect to the pedal. I bet that is what is causing the weird vibration and sound

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm guessing the sound also has to do with the floor ventilation not being fully secured.

Do you guys have this abnormal diamond looking cut out on your driver side floor vent?15e7dfd6b55de63ff8bd2b7093ea41f3.jpg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I don't care for my stock tires but I only have 7k on them.

Sitkneelbend, I have a 2015 1500 Sport 4x4 CC

Here is the original place I heard it from...

Gas pedal vibration gone!!! - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

If you can't access the link because it's on the "z" forum just google "ram vibration in pedal" and you will get lots of hits. One forum member here solved it by using washers to take up the slack.

In another thread on the z forum they theorized the following...

"I was doing some searching and Read that people believe its a harmonic vibration coming from the engine. Some people have put silicone (black rtv) on the engine firewall side right behind where the pedal bolts on. They said that took the vibration away, giving the harmonics a place to die before getting to your foot.

I was thinking a piece of rubber mat behind the pedal would do the same thing, I may try and see if I can fix this myself, as |I do understand what they are trying to say it is.

I went to the dealer yesterday for a handle update, not even sure what they fixed, and had them look at the pedal again. A second tech said its normal... Which I just dont buy. For the price we pay for these rigs, we should not ahve any wierd vibs..."

and another...

"Hello all, I have been experiencing vibration in my gas pedal too. I looked everything over to find the source. My suspicion was the steering column mount. I believe the vibration is coming from the tires and traveling through the steering linkage and rack a pinion and resonating from the plastic mount that is holding the steering column, brake pedal and gas pedal under the dash. I was able to greatly reduce the vibration to where it is virtually eliminated. I loosened the column from under the dash and used rubber hose washers between the mount and the plastic bracket that the studs are on. There are four studs, the front two closest to the steering wheel I loosened and then removed the two nuts at the rear of the mount. I cut a slit in two of the hose washers so that I can put it around the stud on the back side of the back two column mount studs with out having to completely pull it off. I then put the hose washers on under the nuts then re-tightened all four nuts snugly. Then went for a test drive and to my pleasure the vibration in my gas pedal is about 99% gone. I hope this helps others to be able to fix there issue, as I have read about many others have had complaints about this issue for quite some time."

I think they may be on to something as I noticed a buzzing kind of vibration when I had a K&N airbox installed at certain lower RPMs.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your reply is most helpful, Thank you sitkneelbend