Vinyl flooring - still get floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjamin247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just bought my truck with the Delete Carpet option and its just vinyl flooring. The salesperson says I can easily wipe down to clean. Right now, it looks pretty bare since I'm so used to seeing floor mats. For those that have the same flooring, did you get floor mats? If so, are they non-slip?

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought my truck with the Delete Carpet option and its just vinyl flooring. The salesperson says I can easily wipe down to clean. Right now, it looks pretty bare since I'm so used to seeing floor mats. For those that have the same flooring, did you get floor mats? If so, are they non-slip?

I would love to see pictures of that. Never heard of it.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now that's old skool.

I have had a few vehicles like that and found that the vinyl flooring was pretty slick when wet or muddy. That became a problem when moving your foot from the gas to the brake and, in one case, to the clutch pedal.

I put down some rubber mats that had some rubber nibs on the backside. They didn't move unless you lifted them. They did not have carpet on them and they didn't get slippery when wet or muddy.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the Mopar mats in mine. I like em, work pretty good. And then I just gotta wipe the vinyl with a wet cloth3420880bbf2a7323787425f33b4719e6.jpg1d523c84fdd9884ee313778acca395d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Why do they even put carpet in trucks. Never understood it. Its a pain in the butt to clean.
Wish they offered the carpet delete on upper models too.

Never understood this either .
or they have a deal with Husky and weather tech because once you get done buying their floor mats it looks like a vinyl floor anyway..lol

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Why do they even put carpet in trucks. Never understood it. Its a pain in the butt to clean.

X 2. I don't need carpet in any vehicle, I wear shoes when I drive. I recommend some style of mat because I've seen a lot of vinyl floor trucks over the years that have holes worn in them and tears in the vinyl. I would use original Husky Liners like I have used in about 10 vehicles. They catch almost everything and their size is going to help keep them from moving.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

For people who use their truck like a car, like me.

I wonder what this button does?

OP
OP
B

benjamin247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I use the Mopar mats in mine. I like em, work pretty good. And then I just gotta wipe the vinyl with a wet cloth3420880bbf2a7323787425f33b4719e6.jpg1d523c84fdd9884ee313778acca395d2.jpg

Do these have nibs underneath? I just bought the Husky Liners but returned them. They just didn't stay put with the nibs underneath and worried that it would just scuff up my flooring after awhile.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just used my weathertechs from my last truck, they fit fine and don't seem too move at all. Makes keeping the vinyl clean a lot easier.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do these have nibs underneath? I just bought the Husky Liners but returned them. They just didn't stay put with the nibs underneath and worried that it would just scuff up my flooring after awhile.

They do not, but I'm going to use Velcro strips to keep them in place.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i also have vinyl floors and they make life so much easier. but just like many of you im trying to find out which mats would be best and not slip. I was thinking about going with the Weatherboots HD but I just cant get myself to spend $500 for the fronts and rears

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I've been trying to find a part number or somewhere I can buy the vinyl floor option to replace my carpet. The carpet is already wearing through in a couple places and vinyl would be so much easier to clean when I come home from the beach plus all the dog hair is a pain to vacuum

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Definitely use some sort of rubber floor mat. The vinyl will eventually wear through if you don't and you don't want that. I just have generic rubber ones, they do slip around some and I find myself nudging them back into place about every other day. I should have gotten molded ones.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I've got some heavy rubber ones in the back that have been in a bunch of vehicles on the farm since they were bought new in the sixties or seventies and they don't more around.

I've not found any I like for the front yet.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be VERY careful about putting down rubber mats on top of a vinyl floor if you dont have that little retaining tab. I had a set on my truck that didnt utilize the tab, and TWICE I wacked the gas, and they STUCK under the drive by wire pedal. Luckily I threw it in neutral and then pulled over to un-stick it. But she was hung wide open... 2nd time I went back to stock types with the eyelet and tab. The first time I had no idea what happened....I even started it again and pegged the rev limiter again before realizing the pedal was stuck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963