Vinyl flooring - still get floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I would be VERY careful about putting down rubber mats on top of a vinyl floor if you dont have that little retaining tab. I had a set on my truck that didnt utilize the tab, and TWICE I wacked the gas, and they STUCK under the drive by wire pedal. Luckily I threw it in neutral and then pulled over to un-stick it. But she was hung wide open... 2nd time I went back to stock types with the eyelet and tab. The first time I had no idea what happened....I even started it again and pegged the rev limiter again before realizing the pedal was stuck.

I've had a vinyl floor ram since 2008 with generic rubber mats that don't use the tabs and have never had this problem and neither has my wife. Some people are just clumsy with giant clown feet. #runawayprius

RRRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We're picking up our Ram 1500 Big Horn tomorrow. I'd like to preserve the carpet without, hopefully, hijacking this thread. We want to keep the floor clean without tearing it up with a cheap rubber mat. I've looked at some mats that have the Big Horn symbol embedded in rubber mats, which also have a one inch (or so) "lip" to keep mud/dirt in. We need this lip or "bowl" since the Ram will be taken on hunting trips that won't always be conducted on sunny days. Rain may be the order of the day. Recommendations on mats that will protect the factory mats?

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
my last ram had the vinyl flooring. i loved it and miss it on my new one. i found that water got into the edges at the door sills a lot so i got weather techs and used both. they did slide around a bit but not enough for me to remove them.