Water Leaking Under Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have been having some nasty rain lately and I noticed my floor liner was wet this morning on the drivers side. I pulled it up and found the carpet was soaked as well. I looked around and it looks like the water is coming in from the far left corner under the dash and running under the insulation and running right beside the parking brake bracket. The parking brake line was a little wet so I know this is where the water is contacting the carpet. I looked under the plastic vent that surrounds the lower dash area under the hood and found a giant cut out that is about 4 inches by 4 inches and it has some rust around it, so it definitely is getting wet. I was wondering if this might be where the water is coming from and if anyone has had a similar issue? It looks like a rubber piece might have sealed it at one point and no longer does. Thanks guys for the help.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard a few people talking about their windshields leaking. On the left side I don't believe there's many places to get water in except the windshield

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Would check the thrid brake and see if gasket shows water passage. COuld run across teh headliner, down teh A pillar and under teh dash.

Just an idea but 3rd brake light gasket leaking is a known issue and water will travel to lowest point, across teh path of least resistance.

Good Luck to you and , please, posst back what you find.

OP
OP
S

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took it to the car wash today and I've got the leak pin pointed in the area where the front fender ends and starts up the pillar on the drivers side. It's either a bad seal on the body work or the windshield is leaking in the bottom drivers side corner. I think I've soaked at least a gallon of water out of the insulation today... I have an appointment at Safelite to get it tested on saturday. I'm hoping its just the windshield and they can remove, reseal, and reinstall it and call it good.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Let us know teh for sure fix

luck to m8ee

OP
OP
S

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to have Safelite diagnose the issue as a leaking body seal by the bottom driver side of the windshield. My job makes it difficult to take the truck in otherwise I would take it in for a full look over. They were able to coat a lot of urethane sealant over the hole to get me by, but it still may leak. Also, my insurance left me high and dry. I'm glad to see the scam continues....

leakydodge14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Hey, having the exact same issue. What'd you end up doing to fix it?