Water Logged Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
So I'm getting stuff out of the back of my truck and lift up the back seat. I noticed water on the floor I'm like WTF. :hmm: So i run my hand along the bottom and water just runs out and then i check the floor and carpets wet too. So i start looking around and notice the head liner in the corner is a different color so i feel it and water just comes out .I'm like great thats all i need. Off to the dealer i go and get there and show them. The first thing they tell me is that I'll have to get a rental car for 35 a day. :mad3:I looked at him and said I"M NOT RENTING A CAR! this truck is 5 months old I'm not renting a car. Well sir its our policy and I said quit dicking me around I'm not paying for a rental.Your defect your problem! to the service tech. :argue:Manager gets involved etc.. Long story short truck goes in for service Thursday. Told them I'll be there and don't **** around for 2hrs looking for car for me. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
grab your lube before you go, sounds like you'll need it.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Lol.. Is it the 3rd brake light, or something else?

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Crap man that sucks...you show those turds who's boss. I'm about to take mine in for a right front side rattle. They will probably want me to pay for the rental...to which I will reply..."F*&% that!" In nicer words of course.

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines leaking really bad on the passenger side too, I took it in about an hour ago, they just called me saying that it's my aftermarket third brake. There is no way that one light can leak all the way across my passenger side..

Jluge2615

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What dealer you go to? Sounds exactly like mine. They must be trained by same robot.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a rattle in my passenger side door that recently developed. When I read the service order while paying it described what they did to fix the problem. It said the bass was turned up, turned it down and problem fixed. Absolutely ********. Gotta love dealerships.

OP
OP
JET

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
Ok so i take my truck in today Thursday. I get there service guy see's me doesn't say mornin or anything just says I'll be right with you. Has me sign some papers. i tell him I want the headliner, rear seat and carpet replaced in my truck because of the water damaged. He just ignores me. I see where this is going. He calls for my shuttle to get my rental. I get there they want a 50 dollar deposit. I'm mad telling them I'm not paying. Finally I say ok and I'll deal with the service guy later. I apologize to the girl at the rental place for being a **** to her and she says she understands. I tell her I'm not mad at her but the dealership. So about 4pm I get a message asking me to call them. I know something is up when at the end of the message the service guys say " Mr T you have to understand I'm here to help you" I go well this isn't going to be good. Called back got his voicemail so the saga will continue tomorrow Friday.
I'll keep you informed. Getting the Dodge zone managers number just in case it get's ugly.

Last edited:

HemiRam3231

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 2005 WRX before I bought the ram. I had a similar problem. It was the rear window leaking water in and flooded the back of the car during a rain storm. It was under warranty. It was a poor rear window install from the factory and they were giving me a hard time about replacing my head liner because it was cosmetic damage. Long story short they did end up fixing it but not without a 2 month fight and calling and sending e-mails to everyone in subaru. I hope your outcome is different.

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
holy damn, This is like a soap...Wonder what happens in the next episode...

biggin152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the rental car crap. The dealer I bought the truck from is great about loaners, but they are about an hour away. The local dealer wants you to rent a car, won't even give you a ride. Any warranty work goes to original dealer.

AlTheKiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work for a dealer and thats crap. The third brake light is known for having a water leak and it should be taken care of right away. We get them in all the time. Typically we will cover a single day of rental but after that its on the customer but with something like this, it should not take more than an hour to two hours of time.

we confirm the water leak then reseal the third brake light. Havent ever seen one with damaged head liner or floor before though.

not all dealers are bad. just most. If you werent 3 hours away, id say give us a call and see what we can do for you. If you would like our number feel free to PM me.

OP
OP
JET

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
Sry for the delay.
Ok I got to the dealer and he said " Ah the 3rd brake light is leaking" so they replaced the whole unit. Also they are going to replace the headliner it's bad and he said so. As for the seat n carpet they wont replace it. I wasn't to happy about that, but he said they would remove the seat and carpet and shampoo both. I said ok and ask if I had any problems with it after would they take care of it and they agreed to it. So now I'm just waiting for the headliner to come in and get it fixed. They said it would be 2 weeks before the part would come in and they would call me when it's in.
My question is if they know the 3rd brake light leaks why wouldn't they have fix at the factory for it. Instead of all the grief they put there customers through.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
there actually is a RRT on the 3rds to silicone the seal. CRAZY and stupid........

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought my 12 a few days ago.

Just had a huge storm roll through....

Guess I know what I am doing later...looking for wet spots!

Thanks for the heads up!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i don't think mine is leaking but i'm gonna check (also just had a storm with downpours come through)

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Old thread..

But just bought a 09 CC. My first wash I noticed water on the lower back windows and on my seats when I opened the doors. Freaked me out. Just what I need.

Im going to check the 3rd brake light, but I dont think its coming from there. I dont see any water from up top..Going to dig more into it tomorrow.

any other places I should check?

Thanks
Steven