Water Logged Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
its your third.......trust me. thats where they all leak from. ;)

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have this issue in a 2013?

I'll be checking mine soon.. Still hungover.

Rained all night and wife parked mine in the driveway ... Not in my garage.

iRamPipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed water on my back seat the other day after taking it to the car wash. I looked up and there was a little water dripping from the head liner. Taking it to the Dealer on Monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
its your third.......trust me. thats where they all leak from. ;)

So of course, never got around to checking it.

Got stuck in a huge rain storm today and it started leaking from each corner of the window. So is water coming from the 3rd brake light and running down to the sides?

So got home. Hooked up the air hose and blew air all around the window seal and my wife was on the inside and didn't feel a thing.
So I took the 3rd brake light out. Noticed the top part of the gasket on the light was kinda worn off and deteriorated. Wasn't horrible but could see where water could come in. Also noticed when I took the screws off they were loose. Didn't even feel tight.

Put a good bead of clear silicon around the top and sides. Hope if WORKS!!!:whymewhyme:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Old thread..

But just bought a 09 CC. My first wash I noticed water on the lower back windows and on my seats when I opened the doors. Freaked me out. Just what I need.

Im going to check the 3rd brake light, but I dont think its coming from there. I dont see any water from up top..Going to dig more into it tomorrow.

any other places I should check?

Thanks
Steven

Sounds like mine which was leaking in the top corner on passenger side. What I did was use adhesive glue to reglue the little black strip that comes off the roof. I also put vaseline on the seal to help it swell and see if it stopped leaking. It worked and now I can go through the carwash no issue. I do intend to pull the plastic cover and silicone in that corner from the inside so it is really good. The dealer wanted $350-500 to take out the window to fix it. :bs:

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just dropped off my 2015 Ram Hemi Sport Crew Cab at the dealer Stoneridge in Pleasanton,.ca this past Monday. We had heavy rains a few days before, and the storage compartments under my rear driver side were flooded. Headliner and rear Seats soaked. The dealer said it was the third light and they would dry, and disinfect seats and carpet. He also told me the foam under the carpet is resistant to mold. Today is Wed and I called the dealer and they told me they replaced the 3rd light, and that it was still leaking. They said the rear window was leaking and that their 3rd party glass vendor was going to come to check it out and advise if the rear windows needed to be replaced or not. So I am going to call them tomorrow to see what the verdict is. The truck is a little over a year old, and only has 18K miles. I'm worried that this is going to be a re occurring problem. They say they don't replace the seats our carpeting...I'm concerned about mold and they said not enough time lapsed to allow mold to manifest. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Blowngp, get the MD weather strip before silicone. see the link. Ram is so bad when it comes to these nagging issues. It chaps me they don't care enough to even look at what the hell they are doing on these simple chronic issues that cause real suffering for the guys who bought the truck.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's nothing new them 3rd brake lights have been leaking for years. When I bought my 2016 Sport the first thing I did was put some silicone on it.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's nothing new them 3rd brake lights have been leaking for years. When I bought my 2016 Sport the first thing I did was put some silicone on it.
Rear window leak.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
Happened to my dads truck. He took it in, and ended up getting a new truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Happened to my dads truck. He took it in, and ended up getting a new truck

I may end up doing that if this continues. I love my truck though. I think this dealership is the problem by cutting corners and poor customer service. The quality of the work was horrible.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I may end up doing that if this continues. I love my truck though. I think this dealership is the problem by cutting corners and poor customer service. The quality of the work was horrible.

I had hell with my dealership. Ended up searching for a new one. My dad ended up going on a day when they had good rebates on the trucks. I thought about doing same with mine, but I love my truck too much lol