WeatherTech/Husky Floor mats on VINYL Floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck is equipped with Vinyl interior... floors and seats. I like it because it's easier to keep clean.

That said, I'd really like to add some floor mats/liners (Weathertech preferrably) to try to keep the vinyl in good shape for a long time. But they appear to be intended for carpet flooring only?

I understand a "universal" floor mat would slide around and not stay put well on a vinyl floor.

Since these are a custom fit, wouldn't they more of less fit "snug" and not move around? Anyone have any experience? will it work?

*Edit - mods, feel free to move to "Interior" sub-forum.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Honestly, a 10 minute phone call to weathertech may be your best bet. They're going to be the ones you'll have to deal with if they don't fit (aka, return), so I'd call them, explain what you've got and see if they can help you out. I wouldn't get generic ones, they will move around on the vinyl floor.

OP
OP
Sud

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea that's what I figured... just thought i'd check to see if anyone else had ever done so succesfully.

I.E. - the weathertech "tech/salesperson" says "oh yea, sure they'll work great!" - only to get them and find out they slide around and don't stay put. (not saying they would do that, but real world experience trumps a salesperson's word in my opinion.)

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
sure you'll have salesmen that will tell you anything to make a sale, however, most companies rely on reputation. Bad news travels very fast, especially in the aftermarket world, smart business owners know that happy customers are what keep the lights on.

PostalTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have husky liners and they fit peffect I have carpet tho but I cant imagine them sliding around any. They are a perfect fit

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've also seen people put down that non-skid shelf liner between the vinyl floor and floor mat, seems to hold them in place fairly well.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Whatever you end up going with, if they do slide a little bit maybe a couple pieces of stick on Velcro will help hold it in place. As long as you don't plan on taking the mats out for the summer. The Velcro alone could be a bit of a eyesore.

Ramlvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also seen people put down that non-skid shelf liner between the vinyl floor and floor mat, seems to hold them in place fairly well.

This is what I did with my Husky floor mats, and I have the vinyl floor.
I Cut off all the little spikes under the mats as someone on this forum suggested.
They stay put pretty well.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
My Weather Tec don't move at all, and I got the cheaper ones. I love them.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Vinyls

sktan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
My truck is equipped with Vinyl interior... floors and seats. I like it because it's easier to keep clean.

That said, I'd really like to add some floor mats/liners (Weathertech preferrably) to try to keep the vinyl in good shape for a long time. But they appear to be intended for carpet flooring only?

I understand a "universal" floor mat would slide around and not stay put well on a vinyl floor.

Since these are a custom fit, wouldn't they more of less fit "snug" and not move around? Anyone have any experience? will it work?

*Edit - mods, feel free to move to "Interior" sub-forum.

If the mats are custom fit, then there is no or less move around. The weathertech mats are good, but they are very expensive, if you want to try some cheap 3d car mats with good quality, try the 3d mats, 3d floor mats, rubber car mats manufacture & wholesale

kdcrmms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
floormats

You should take a look at Weatherboots.com they are custom fit and work great with the type of floor you have. That's how I order my service trucks and we put the Weatherboots.com HD in all of them.