What are these buttons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
F.I.L. looking at a 4th gen, asked me what the 2 buttons in upper right corner of lower aux button panel are on this one he is looking at and I don't have them so I don't know, can someone throw me a bone that knows? It's a 2015 big horn,Thanks in advance
3855a44bc01fcd3efbb5b6b546b169b8.jpg

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
If you mean the 2 with a"P", they are used to defeat the alert sound on the front/rear proximity sensors located in the front/rear bumpers. For example, if you have a trailer hooked up to the rear, put the truck in reverse, the sensors would keep sounding off as you were backing up. So, pushing the button will silence it.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you mean the 2 with a"P", they are used to defeat the alert sound on the front/rear proximity sensors located in the front/rear bumpers. For example, if you have a trailer hooked up to the rear, put the truck in reverse, the sensors would keep sounding off as you were backing up. So, pushing the button will silence it.

If you plug a trailer into the harness, it auto disables the park sense. Though, these might be useful to turn off if you had a bullbar or something similar.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As mentioned, front and rear park sensors

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine goes nuckin futs if I reverse with the tailgate down, so they're good for that. Also some drive thrus the front beep like mad and I have to shut em down.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine goes nuckin futs if I reverse with the tailgate down, so they're good for that. Also some drive thrus the front beep like mad and I have to shut em down.

yeah, i've noticed that too. It's absolutely one of the most annoying things known to man. Prime reason those buttons exist lol.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have them off all winter as snow and ice make them go nuts.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I originally wanted parksense but more for the front with parking but sounds like it can be annoying. I'm sure they would start beeping at stop lights and stop signs too? How far do they detect?

OP
OP
Ram_Fish1

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Thanks to all, would have never thought of the snow and ice makes sense though

OP
OP
Ram_Fish1

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Damn don't tell my wife this, I left mine down Friday nite. All the kids and my overnite bags and dog crate went all over the first county road I turned onto. Stopped a mile later cause wife thought she forgot something and when I went to check noticed all was gone and gate was down. Luckily a neighbor saw it happen and grabbed everything but it was a silent 1.5 hr. Drive after that[emoji33]

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They can go nuts with snow or a bikerack, but their awesome for parking in a tight garage.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I originally wanted parksense but more for the front with parking but sounds like it can be annoying. I'm sure they would start beeping at stop lights and stop signs too? How far do they detect?

I'd really like it on my truck too. Even if I bought a higher trim level, the regular cab are only available with the rear sensors. I find the rear to be not all that valuable with the backup camera. My Jeep had it and I could have lived without it. My 300 has the front and it's an awesome feature.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I hate those mother *******! Yes I feel that strongly about them. I had them on my 2015 Sport. Refused them on my 2017 Larry.

I apologize for the language. They are relatively useless unless you are a complete incompetent driver. Now the Jeep GC and other Chrysler vehicles with rear cross-pass detection is ok, because that can be helpful. But those annoying ass beeps on the detection are just stupid and what happens is you ignore them in normal conditions.

Use the mirrors, your eyes and common sense -- Damn I feel old!

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate those mother *******! Yes I feel that strongly about them. I had them on my 2015 Sport. Refused them on my 2017 Larry.

I apologize for the language. They are relatively useless unless you are a complete incompetent driver. Now the Jeep GC and other Chrysler vehicles with rear cross-pass detection is ok, because that can be helpful. But those annoying ass beeps on the detection are just stupid and what happens is you ignore them in normal conditions.

Use the mirrors, your eyes and common sense -- Damn I feel old!
Tell us how you really feel! [emoji23] [emoji6] haha.