what to use on leather seats and dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just keep it simple. Armor All has a line of products for leather, Dash, glass, etc. they come in nice little "baby wipe" travel type packages. I keep them under the back seat in between detailing incase I need them to do an immediate clean up.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Not a big fan of Armor-All products myself. They seem to leave a residue in my experience (others' experience may vary).

Instead, I use 303 "Aerospace Protectant"

Old and new bottles shown...
p2CaHzG.jpg
hq6nLOT.jpg

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
I just got some stuff from Adams so we will see how it works out

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Adams and 303 are great pro brands, Armor all does have a residue and if you use it please don't touch the paint on the car after have it on your hands, as it is insanely hard to get off without using aggressive cleaners.
On a side note my wife bought me a detailing package from clazzio seats so I get to see how that works after the covers are installed.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
Armor all and meguiars make good products! This is the first time I will be using pro brand stuff, it's honestly the same price! I personally am not a fan of shiny, or slick leather I want it to be matte like it is now and I don't want fly out of the seat while cornering lol

My buddy has an F150 and he uses some armor all leather **** on his truck and the seats are slick as hell and have a shine to them. Not cool!

Each to his own though

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Adams and 303 are great pro brands, Armor all does have a residue and if you use it please don't touch the paint on the car after have it on your hands, as it is insanely hard to get off without using aggressive cleaners.
On a side note my wife bought me a detailing package from clazzio seats so I get to see how that works after the covers are installed.

Will regular cleaning with something like 303 or Adams alone prolong the life of the leather, or is conditioning also recommended? I've never owned a vehicle with leather, but I've seen what lack of care will do to the seats in some family members' vehicles.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Will regular cleaning with something like 303 or Adams alone prolong the life of the leather, or is conditioning also recommended? I've never owned a vehicle with leather, but I've seen what lack of care will do to the seats in some family members' vehicles.

If you're only going to buy one product for them get the conditioner. You shouldn't need to use a leather cleaner a lot on your seats and a good conditioner will take care of mild cleaning as well.

Lexol is ok but I would go with Adam's.

Adam's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner | Clean Auto Interior

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're only going to buy one product for them get the conditioner. You shouldn't need to use a leather cleaner a lot on your seats and a good conditioner will take care of mild cleaning as well.

Lexol is ok but I would go with Adam's.

Adam's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner | Clean Auto Interior

Sounds good. I was just looking at that product, seems to get good reviews. I don't mind cleaning and conditioning with separate products, but if it's overkill then I'm happy doing just one.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sounds good. I was just looking at that product, seems to get good reviews. I don't mind cleaning and conditioning with separate products, but if it's overkill then I'm happy doing just one.

You shouldn't need a cleaner unless you need to take out like blue stains from jeans in light colored leather or things of that sort. Normal detailing should be done with the conditioner.

The cleaner is only like 9 bucks though, so I would still get a bottle since it will last you forever.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah thats exatly what I would suggest and really the only time I used a cleaner rather than a conditioner is when I was a full time Auto Technician and new I was going to be covered in patrolium residue that you get on you just from hanging around a shop everyday for 10hrs a day lol.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great suggestions guys, thanks. Any reason not to use the conditioner on the vented section of the seats? Is it thick enough to be concerned about clogging the vents?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rub it in really well and use a light applications till you see how it is working on that area.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
I'm going to try my Adams conditioner here soon on my seats and I'll be easy on the vented portions just to be safe, but I don't think it will clog it, maybe keep the vented portion on while applying and it will help keep it from clogging?

jhorst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the adams stuff on my leather seats I apply it with a cloth and typically wipe the sections without the vents first, then you don't have to worry about excess going in all the little holes in the seat. It gives you a nice clean matte look to the leather. I have used the armor all and meguires stuff in the past and I like the adams stuff so much better.

ManAndHisRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My dealer (Sheboygan) said that most cleaners are unnecessary unless you have stains. I just use Armorall leather conditioner on my Chrysler 300 seats. I've had great luck with it.