What would you change/add/delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
-Infinity instead of Alpine
-more gear options including 4.10 and 4.56
-Tires not made by Goodyear
-Real size spare tire not a temp
-Rambox for 1000 maybe 500 instead of 1200-1800 depending on year so it would be common on used truck
-diesel 1500 with more gears
-Garmin instead of old system mine uses for navigation
-ivory tricoat option like 300c
-green like challenger but darker and more metal flake paints like brilliant black was.
-SRT8 with 6.4L tuned to work and play

$miley

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
-Infinity instead of Alpine
-more gear options including 4.10 and 4.56
-Tires not made by Goodyear
-Real size spare tire not a temp
-Rambox for 1000 maybe 500 instead of 1200-1800 depending on year so it would be common on used truck
-diesel 1500 with more gears
-Garmin instead of old system mine uses for navigation
-ivory tricoat option like 300c
-green like challenger but darker and more metal flake paints like brilliant black was.
-SRT8 with 6.4L tuned to work and play

$miley

i like your list!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On a street truck:
A 6 Sp Manual, like the Getrag in the Mustang, I don't want an extra OD, I want more gears closer!
I'd like a 6.4 or even a boosted option in the R/T
4.56 gears as a factory option
SRT-10 body kit (replacement front bumper, full rockers) not cheesy looking aftermarket crap.
A flat tailgate (I understand the arc, I just hate it)

On the 4xs
Ford Style tow mirrors - big convex on bottom, even bigger NON CONVEX on top (BOTH SIDES) that slide out.
Gears, again.
Maybe a nacho dispenser?

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the fact that there aren't any traction devices available for the front diffs on our 1500s. It seems the aftermarket support for all Rams is very limited compared to Ford and Gm, shame....

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Things I would have liked to see, or be able to do:

1) powered fold in tow mirrors w/autodim
2) removeable rear seats in the crewcabs (similar to the minivans)
3) the ability to disable the MDS & TM systems thru the EVIC menu
4) the ability to change more about the vehicle thru EVIC (like be able to change how many times the turn signal blinks when you tap it, or adjust speedo for tire size)
5) full size spare tire on an aluminum rim
6) wheel lugs locks that actually MATCH the other wheel lugs
7) windshield wiper nozzles ON the wiper, that spray in front of and behind the blade so you don't smear the heck out of the guts before the fluid gets there
8) BETTER headlights (the chevy I traded in had 10x brighter headlights, and they were stock)
9) bigger in floor storage and locks on them
10) normal bed & tailgate rails under the rail covers
11) 5 pin trailer connection as well as 4 & 7 (having to use adapters sucks)
12) make the screen on the radio able to show nothing but a pic when in use, vice the 1/2 screen it has now
13) organization shelves or similar for that cavernous bottom center console storage box
14) upper center center console storage that holds more than a cd case and dividers for it
15) ADJUSTABLE headrests for the front seats
16) interior plastic that is molded color, so when it gets scratched, you don't have a white mark on your interior panels
17) slightly skinnier center console (hard to connect my seatbalt it is so wide)
18) wider range of seat adjustments (like more up & down ability) for both front seats
19) better back up camera (better resolution)
20) ability to set/change how far down the outside mirrors tilt when in reverse
21) outside tow mirrors like the early 2000's had, the current ones waste too much space on the glass with the convex portion
22) factory installed cabin air filter
23) ability to use the fog lights without the headlights on
24) 1 touch rear window like the side windows (1 touch open or normal controlled open)
25) larger cupholder in the console (1 larger and 1 like they have now)
26) locking tailgate that operates with the door locks or separate (which way being settable thru EVIC)
27) switch to change the angle of the backup camera so it can be used to see more of the trailer
28) ability to turn on the back up camera when driving forward
29) less sensitive sensor for the parking lights (mine turns on my trailer lights when you drive thru the shadows of a few trees)
30) front bed rail cap to match the sides (easier to seal a tonneau cover)
31) smaller tailgate to bed side gap, and/or better sealing to keep water/dust out of the bed area when using a tonneau cover

Just a few things I would prefer to have........

Last edited:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

4) the ability to change more about the vehicle thru EVIC (like be able to change how many times the turn signal blinks when you tap it, or adjust speedo for tire size)
7) windshield wiper nozzles ON the wiper, that spray in front of and behind the blade so you don't smear the heck out of the guts before the fluid gets there
8) BETTER headlights (the chevy I traded in had 10x brighter headlights, and they were stock)
12) make the screen on the radio able to show nothing but a pic when in use, vice the 1/2 screen it has now
13) organization shelves or similar for that cavernous bottom center console storage box
14) upper center center console storage that holds more than a cd case and dividers for it
16) interior plastic that is molded color, so when it gets scratched, you don't have a white mark on your interior panels
17) slightly skinnier center console (hard to connect my seatbalt it is so wide)
18) wider range of seat adjustments (like more up & down ability) for both front seats
21) outside tow mirrors like the early 2000's had, the current ones waste too much space on the glass with the convex portion
24) 1 touch rear window like the side windows (1 touch open or normal controlled open)
26) locking tailgate that operates with the door locks or separate (which way being settable thru EVIC)
27) switch to change the angle of the backup camera so it can be used to see more of the trailer
29) less sensitive sensor for the parking lights (mine turns on my trailer lights when you drive thru the shadows of a few trees)
31) smaller tailgate to bed side gap, and/or better sealing to keep water/dust out of the bed area when using a tonneau cover

9. Mopar sells a lock kit at least for the infloor cooler bins but it's pricey at like $120
15. The headrests do adjust. Or do you mean like tilting forward and backwards?
19. It's the best resolution camera there is(cmd I believe instead of the cheap cmos). And a lot better than the gm ones(at least in the acadias)
23. You can use the foglights without the headlights, just turn the dial to the parking lights
26. Mopar has a kit that will do that and the 2013 will have it standard

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Wow that's a heck of a list. Would the list of things you like about your truck be shorter than that? :)

Some of the things you listed (fog lights on by themselves/ backup cam on in drive) have been done on other trucks with minor modifications. I bet a little google search and a few beers on a Sunday could shrink that list down.

As for me what would I change.......nothing yet. Love this truck!!

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9. Mopar sells a lock kit at least for the infloor cooler bins but it's pricey at like $120
19. It's the best resolution camera there is(cmd I believe instead of the cheap cmos). And a lot better than the gm ones(at least in the acadias)
23. You can use the foglights without the headlights, just turn the dial to the parking lights

Concur on the backup cam. I was amazed the first time I saw it compared to my old truck and everyday I throw her in reverse I find myself thinking...damn

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I know they sell kits for some of this.

On the headrests, I mean tilt, not up and down. The dang thing is right against the back of my neck, and it is very annoying.

My buddies 2013 mustang is easily 3x clearer with a better picture

I tried that last night (foglights) and all it did was turn out all my lights. Maybe I'll try again when I ain't driving down the road. I use to use the fogs only when launching my boat to avoid blinding others at the ramp.

ON the tailgate, I'd like to be able to lock/unlock it with the same button as the rest of the truck, but I'd also like to see another button (there are available spots on the fob) that allows you to unlock just the tailgate only.

These are just things I would like to see as standard or available options, NOT things you have to add after the sale.

Wow that's a heck of a list. Would the list of things you like about your truck be shorter than that? :)

Some of the things you listed (fog lights on by themselves/ backup cam on in drive) have been done on other trucks with minor modifications. I bet a little google search and a few beers on a Sunday could shrink that list down.

As for me what would I change.......nothing yet. Love this truck!!

NO......... I love mine too....but it could be better IMO. I'm back in a dodge after a short stint with GM. Aside from the 08 silverado, I have driven nothing but dodge trucks since 1990. And the ony reason I got the chevy was the warranty it came with. I got it used in march 2010 with 22k on it, and it was covered bumper to bumper until dec 2012 or 48k, whichever came first. I had it 29 months, and when I traded it in, it still had 6 months or 14k left on the warranty.

This thing has tons more features, almost 100 more hp, and gets 1-1.5 better mpg towing my boat then the silverado I traded in........

Don't drink beer......and I thought the original post was asking things we would like to see or have...without making modifications.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963