Where do I purchase white leds for interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amazon, eBay, superbrightleds.com are the main places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get them from superbrightled's decent prices and they give you the pure bright white and looks greats

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From www.superbrightleds.com

Check it out from my order:
(2) 921 Bulbs - Map Lights
(4) 74 Bulbs - Visors
(7) 921 CAN Bus Bulbs - 2 for foot wells (other 5 used in reverse, cargo, and 3rd brake with no errors)
(3) 194 CAN Bus Bulbs - 1 for upper glove box (other 2 used for license plate lights)
(1) 561 Bulb - Under the hood (if equipped)

Not seen on picture but also ordered from SBL for Dome light:
(1) 578 LED Bulb - 8 LED Festoon - 44mm Cool White

All direct replacements with no errors. Did not need the CAN Bus for the footwells or glove box but I was already ordering the CAN Bus's for the exterior lights so I figured why not...

Attachments

• leds.jpg
    leds.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 129

staRang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From www.superbrightleds.com

Check it out from my order:
(2) 921 Bulbs - Map Lights
(4) 74 Bulbs - Visors
(7) 921 CAN Bus Bulbs - 2 for foot wells (other 5 used in reverse, cargo, and 3rd brake with no errors)
(3) 194 CAN Bus Bulbs - 1 for upper glove box (other 2 used for license plate lights)
(1) 561 Bulb - Under the hood (if equipped)

Not seen on picture but also ordered from SBL for Dome light:
(1) 578 LED Bulb - 8 LED Festoon - 44mm Cool White

All direct replacements with no errors. Did not need the CAN Bus for the footwells or glove box but I was already ordering the CAN Bus's for the exterior lights so I figured why not...

Thanks for posting this.

Are these interior LEDs compatible with trucks with the LED upgrade?

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting this.

TBH, I have no idea what upgrade you're talking about.

I know this thread is for the interiors, but just as a heads up because I also have the exterior bulbs listed, in some trucks you will still receive bulb out errors with the 921 CAN Bus LED's in the reverse and 3rd brake lights. It's a crap shoot, I got lucky with no errors.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for posting this.

IF your truck has LED bulbs in it from the factory, then I don't believe you can switch them out. I want to say they are hard wired in. There was another member on here that tried switching his out, and has a write up about it. I want to say he went from the stock LED bulbs to red LED bulbs. It was a lot of work, if I remember correctly.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I found this thread and was all ready to order a bunch of LED's but before I hit order I decided I should check my truck first and most of my lights are already led. The only ones that aren't are the glovebox light and the visor vanity lights. Exterior wise the engine bay light wasn't led either. So that saved me over $20 lol

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this thread and was all ready to order a bunch of LED's but before I hit order I decided I should check my truck first and most of my lights are already led. The only ones that aren't are the glovebox light and the visor vanity lights. Exterior wise the engine bay light wasn't led either. So that saved me over $20 lol

I just switched my visor vanity lights and glove box lights to leds just the other week.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
How hard were they to replace? Especially the glove box light

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do 09-12 need all the can use LEDs or do regular ones just swap in?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Do 09-12 need all the can use LEDs or do regular ones just swap in?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Easy way to find out....unplug the bulb in question and turn on the truck - if there is no bulb out warning then it is not canbus

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How hard were they to replace? Especially the glove box light

Honestly, they were all a pain in the ass. The vanity leds I got from superbrightleds.com weren't tapered at the end, like the oem bulb is, so they didn't want to push in....and the angle you're coming in at is already tough enough. It took me way longer than it should had to replace all 4 of them. When i was trying to get the glove box oem bulb out it just popped off and went flying somewhere behind the dash. I was pissed thinking that it was going to rattle around so I took the top glove box out to look for it. While I had it out I just popped the led bulb in. I never did find the oem bulb...lol.....luckily there aren't any rattles from the bulb though....wherever it went. :happy107:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Honestly, they were all a pain in the ass. The vanity leds I got from superbrightleds.com weren't tapered at the end, like the oem bulb is, so they didn't want to push in....and the angle you're coming in at is already tough enough. It took me way longer than it should had to replace all 4 of them. When i was trying to get the glove box oem bulb out it just popped off and went flying somewhere behind the dash. I was pissed thinking that it was going to rattle around so I took the top glove box out to look for it. While I had it out I just popped the led bulb in. I never did find the oem bulb...lol.....luckily there aren't any rattles from the bulb though....wherever it went. :happy107:

Great lol. I don't even know how to take th top glove box out

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great lol. I don't even know how to take th top glove box out

You don't need to. The plastic part with the "switch" to turn the light on and off pops right out with the bulb. It is held in by a little body type clip. Just give it a push from behind and pull in the front and it's easy as can be.
**If you don't know what I mean i'll pop it out on lunch and take a pic for you.

Visors were tough when I tried doing by hand. Grabbed a set of needle nose's and popped them right it. Power only works on one side so had to switch them around a couple times.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
You don't need to. The plastic part with the "switch" to turn the light on and off pops right out with the bulb. It is held in by a little body type clip. Just give it a push from behind and pull in the front and it's easy as can be.
**If you don't know what I mean i'll pop it out on lunch and take a pic for you.

Visors were tough when I tried doing by hand. Grabbed a set of needle nose's and popped them right it. Power only works on one side so had to switch them around a couple times.

I won't be installing them till tomorrow so if you don't mind taking some pics I'm sure they will help others, not just me.