Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Interior

Interior

This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics)

This is a discussion on This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics) within the Interior forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Originally Posted by quietpeen Oh I would be pissed too and smart move on taking pictures before having them work ...

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #51 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by quietpeen View Post
Oh I would be pissed too and smart move on taking pictures before having them work on it

It's a shame you have to take pictures though.

Very unprofessional on the part of your dealership.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White, 5.7 litre Hemi, 3.92 Axle Ratio, 4" Superlift Lift Kit, XD Rockstar 2's 20x9 (-12mm offset), 35x12.5x20 Cooper STT Pro's, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares, RetraxOne MX Retractable Tonneau Cover, Mopar Bedrug, DeeZee Tailgate Assist
joeygster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Butch

Ram Year: 2016 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Originally Posted by joeygster View Post
It's a shame you have to take pictures though.

Very unprofessional on the part of your dealership.
Yes it is, kinda off topic. I had a car that I put snow tires on. The tire place gouged the f out of one of the rims. I had my dad go back and say something about it because it was there anyway because they never popped the bead properly and it was leaking air. The tire place said "oh that was there before we replaced the tire". They were new rims from the factory and this was the first time tires were replaced. Point is, I had no proof to make them fix it even though the guy knew damn well that one of his techs did it

Charger Owners sign up on www.chargerforum.net
quietpeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #53 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
I really do appreciate everyone's advice and opinions. I honestly feel like almost everyone has a valid point to consider. This is a nightmare. Haven't even had the truck a month....haven't even made a payment yet. As stupid as it sounds, I'm literally sick to my stomach over this. I'm beyond pissed....way beyond.

Just for the hell of it, I called the local upholstery shop that I've used before. I described the cut to them and they said that would be an easy fix. Would only cost $25-$30 for to fix it while I wait. They even said that they would fix it at the dealership (Mullane Motors in Lockport, NY). I'm thinking about it. I'm taking the truck to them (upholstery shop) this Friday to let them look at it and give me a more concrete "diagnosis".

DavidRam likes this.

Last edited by Sir John; 01-11-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Sir John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #54 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7
That's unfortunate, I dread dealership visits too
hemipower95 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
-B-

Ram Year: 2011
Originally Posted by Sir John View Post
I really do appreciate everyone's advice and opinions. I honestly feel like almost everyone has a valid point to consider. This is a nightmare. Haven't even had the truck a month....haven't even made a payment yet. As stupid as it sounds, I'm literally sick to my stomach over this. I'm beyond pissed....way beyond.

Just for the hell of it, I called the local upholstery shop that I've used before. I described the cut to them and they said that would be an easy fix. Would only cost $25-$30 for to fix it while I wait. They even said that they would fix it at the dealership (Mullane Motors in Lockport, NY). I'm thinking about it. I'm taking the truck to them (upholstery shop) this Friday to let them look at it and give me a more concrete "diagnosis".

you do realize the fix is gluing it and mocking the texture
-B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:20 AM   #56 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Originally Posted by -B- View Post
you do realize the fix is gluing it and mocking the texture
Yes. Not sure if it obvious from the picture, but the cut is only about 1/8" long and is laying perfectly flat right now.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #57 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: $miley

Ram Year: 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4WD
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
That just sucks. Accidents do happen how they take care of you is only thing I would count for or against them.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #58 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Originally Posted by Sir John View Post

Would you maybe get the repair done first, see how it comes out? Of course, this would be done and paid for from the dealership. And if you still aren't satisfied, then you will need the dash replaced, also at the cost of the dealership. I find it unfortunate that the dealership is trying to get FCA to pay for this! It's not much different than modifying, let's say your engine, and then having an engine failure. And then trying to get FCA to pay for it.
An example for me was, I had a stone chip in the windshield years ago. Called my insurance company. Free to do a repair, $100 deductible to replace. Told me that if I wasn't satisfied with the repair, then I could still get the windshield replaced for the same $100 deductible. Tried the repair, it was in my sight line, and I could tell where it was, so I ended up with the replacement windshield.
IMHO, I don't think you'd be happy with the repair, but until it's done, and I'm not an upholstery guy, you won't know.
Good luck with this
oe542bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #59 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: Hemi 6.4
I think the only one who is not overreacting in this thread is the OP. Yes pulling a dash isnt fun, but its relatively easy to do. I can wager the first tech to work on it was some young chump that screwed up and made a huge mistake cause he didnt want to mess with replacing a cluster at warranty rates. Dealers screw up sometimes and have techs that aren't worth a damn. Allow them to fix it and see the outcome. All this nonsense about what ifs are meaningless. Corporate is involved so I highly doubt anyone higher up is going to allow this to become anymore of a nightmare for anyone involved.

OP, take a breath, let them work it out and how to fix/replace and go from there. Shitty situation you shouldnt be faced with but there's not much you can do about the past. Focus on the next steps and try to relax as you've done a hell of a job at that soo far. Just my two cents...
Sir John likes this.
Andrew09HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #60 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Good on OP for staying relatively calm.

This is a rookie techs fault. They clearly used a metal panel tool to pull out the bezel, when a plastic when should have been used. I made this mistake the first time I ever did a radio install. Luckily it was a super old civic that was a POS anyways.

Proper tools and training and this would have never happened. I would expect nothing less than a full replacement of the dash.
Z-Rider likes this.

BakFlip G1 w/ BakBox | SpinTech Muffler | 15% Tint |PAC BCI-CH41v2 & VS41 w/ Front & Side Cameras | Bullet Antenna | Waiting to be installed: JBL 660GTIs | JL Audio 13TW5 | Alpine PDX-V9 | PAC AP4-CH41
2016 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track Go Mango
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote