Window Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I notice when I put my drivers side window down it kind of rattles at first. Doesn't seem to be causing a problem, but didn't notice this in my last Ram and was wondering if it's an issue or if others have noticed it too.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I notice when I put my drivers side window down it kind of rattles at first. Doesn't seem to be causing a problem, but didn't notice this in my last Ram and was wondering if it's an issue or if others have noticed it too.

What do you mean by rattle? Does it visibly shake, is it making a noise? Has the window stopped opperating because of it? Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
RumRunner

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can see the window shake for about the first 2 inches of travel and then it finishes opening normal. I can hear it rattle as well, but it doesn't move much, but it is noticeable.

So far there has been no issue with operation, just seems to maybe be a loose fit, at least during the first part of it's travel down.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My passenger side front window does this as well. It has been doing it for a while now with no ill effects.

I've read some grease down the window tracts will alleviate it, but haven't got around to trying it yet. Interested to see what Ramcares says.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mines done it from day one buy if I bring the window up about 2 inches past the seal its quite. Pretty sure it's the the interior door trim making the noise

rvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Mine just started doing this a week ago. When I engage the down button it acts like it is stuttering a couple times and then proceeds to go down. No issues going back up.

AzRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, mine does this too. 2016 Laramie. It is a noticeably different sound than the passenger side. Also, it sounds like I have an unsecured harness in the door. Rattles over the slightest bump. Other than that I've seen no issues in the first 6500 miles.