wire interior led lights to lights on power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1ng87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a 4 12v blue led strips to wire in teh footwell areas inside. I know i can wire it to the cigarette lighter but I want to wire it so that when the lights turn on, so do the leds. I know there are blue lights in the door that come on when the lights turn on so there has to be a power some where on the inside that is hooked to the headlamps on/off. Before I go ripping the door out and tracing that light wire to where it goes, has anyone else done this?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
Since your mounting them under the dash, there has to be a nearby power supply going to instrument or dash lights, therefor they will turn on and off with your headlights. Find the nearest one and tap into it. That will give you the same effect as those door lights, and you won't have to take the door panel off and create a rattle for yourself.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I suggest you pop off the A pillar cover. The positive (+) wire for the dome lights should support the under dash lights for you. It'll come on when you unlock or open your door in addition to coming on with the dome light switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452