'17 Resonators removal vs keep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I had the Magnaflow 18" welded in today and while it sounds great on the outside. it is a little loud for me on the inside in city driving. I'll be taking it out on the interstate in the morning. Would removing the factory resonators quiet it down a little?

I am also wondering if no sprayed bed liner and a bed cover is making things a little louder than I was expecting. I had the corsa touring on my other truck and it was loud on the outside but quiet on the inside. However I did have a sprayed in liner and no bed cover.

stoviAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not a fan of resos. I would remove.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah but I think it will be louder without the resonators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Function

Exhaust resonators are usually add-on features in exhaust systems. They are placed together with the mufflers along the exhaust pipe and work primarily to decrease exhaust noise. The exhaust noise passes through the resonating chamber, which in turn tunes the sound to cause destructive interference in order to be canceled out by the opposite sound waves.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Removing the resonators will make it slightly louder & give it a more throaty tone.

A bed cover WILL make the exhaust drone more. I notice a big difference w/ my bed cover on/off.