180 t-stat and coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
^^^^
Wow Syn, you should start a RMI25 thread, I'll post in it as well.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I really have NO actual data or scientific proof of my own to prove that RMI-25 is actually 100% legit! Just my own personal experience...

I just went by word of mouth from Many diesel owners @ powerstrokenation.com... This product is Very Popular within the diesel community... I will not go into all the benefits...
I researched it until my head hurt...

Does it deserve it's own thread? I don't know! 65% of owners hardly ever even think or worry about their coolant-->Just the Level...

I know it is Cheap Insurance and it has Never let me down... I consider it $$ well spent...
Is it a necessary product? It all depends on how long you plan on keeping your auto...

For those interested: I have purchased my RMI-25 off of Ebay from Troy Dyer {Dyer MotorSports} He ships {Free Shipping} 3 Day Priority Mail...

Last edited:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My truck just passed 6k and ive almost had it a year... even worth adding it since my truck is so new?

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
In my opinion a new auto is the perfect time too poor it in! Keep everything lubricated and spotless... As well as coat all the new clean parts (keep any type of corrosion from ever starting)...

If you have plans on keeping your auto for many years --> I believe it is a wise investment.

Now don't take my statement out of text! Most cooling systems if properly maintained will never develop any type of corrosion.. RMI-25 just adds a solid piece of mind of many many years of reliable service...

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
In my opinion a new auto is the perfect time too poor it in! Keep everything lubricated and spotless... As well as coat all the new clean parts (keep any type of corrosion from ever starting)...

If you have plans on keeping your auto for many years --> I believe it is a wise investment.

Now don't take my statement out of text! Most cooling systems if properly maintained will never develop any type of corrosion.. RMI-25 just adds a solid piece of mind of many many years of reliable service...

Thats what I'm thinking. If you maintain the your coolant shouldn't need this but would be nice to have.

And yes I've seen the horror of DEXcool but usually happens when people don't flush it before 100K.

I run it in my Grand Prix, but I flush it regularly.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The weakness of your coolants is unlike oil, they have no cleaners. So when your radiator starts gelling up, you will never know until your water pump is choked off. RMI25 = Cleaner. I ran it in a vehicle that had slime buildup, that would have kept growing until my entire system was choked off, unless I ran the RMI25. Coolant damage is happening in many cars as soon as 5k miles read the links, the upper pic was 40k something. Unlike oil you wont seeing it coming until you are smashed with major damage. If you are lucky it will happen in warranty, if not that's on you. A good strategy might be wait until you have a month left in warranty and then add it, for guys not wanting to run it earlier.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm going off literature that says coolants have no cleaners, not actual knowledge unless someone knows different.

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dammit, this stuff doesn't seem to be available in Canada... Any other the name for the same product?

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The weakness of your coolants is unlike oil, they have no cleaners. So when your radiator starts gelling up, you will never know until your water pump is choked off. RMI25 = Cleaner. I ran it in a vehicle that had slime buildup, that would have kept growing until my entire system was choked off, unless I ran the RMI25. Coolant damage is happening in many cars as soon as 5k miles read the links, the upper pic was 40k something. Unlike oil you wont seeing it coming until you are smashed with major damage. If you are lucky it will happen in warranty, if not that's on you. A good strategy might be wait until you have a month left in warranty and then add it, for guys not wanting to run it earlier.

My only question would be "have you ran RMI25 " in an OAT coolant without a problem?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ran it in a Silverado, Avalanche, and a Toyota rav 4 (red or pinkish). I assume at least two of those were Oat. No issues but in fairness I didn't keep the vehicles long, but I still own the rav 4 plus 5 years later. And in my current Ram 2010 Hoat.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hemi_Express: I have been using RMI-25 in my 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Cooling system for the past 8 years...

Within those 8 years I have had Peak Final Charge Global Extended Life Coolant-->Which is a OAT based coolant! {Diesel Coolant}! In the PSD cooling system with NO Issues!

Thus the reason I had NO worries about adding RMI-25 to my new rams cooling system the day after switched to Peak Global Lifetime Coolant after I had to replace my bottom radiator hose... The Global (Lifetime) is Peaks premium OAT coolant -->Non 2-Ethyl Hexanoate coolant! This coolant has quite a cult following...It is the exact chemistry as the Chrysler coolant @ half the price...

Like I have said from my first post here-->Don't take my word for it {Do your own Research} That way you are confident and have No worries in your decisions... I can only give U my personal experiences...

Last edited:

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's all good guys. I have been reading and following the conversation on this. Just doing a coolant flush in a couple weeks, trying to decide, yes or no with the product. One thing is definitely clear when it comes to OAT coolant- it's OCD.

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the purple gold today

50$ for a gallon of premix is ridiculous

878dbfb266cdd927e404ba4c771fbb30.jpg764ad39e06ff0786965887dbbeae02d0.jpg

Hope it doesn't ruin anything... Still waiting for another member to test rmi-25 with this oat before trying it myself ;)

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok decided to pour some in a cup first because when I opened the bottle it looked orangish.

In the cup it's purle!
78ef7024a16543dd38cc65edb2f6a85f.jpg

But when I poured it back in it changed colour (flowing part)
5cbb71c646f932f6434c2840fa67ae93.jpg

And on a dark surface it look identical to the stuff that was in the pan when I replaced the tstat
5c8bf1bc4709eb580eccfe70b49049a0.jpg

So I'm now pretty sure that what I've put in is the same stuff that came with the truck. :D

Last edited:

tsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It still boggles my mind how it changes colours like that.

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01