2009-2016 dodge ram phantom series billet catch can 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
2009 2016 Dodge RAM Series Billet Catch Can 5 7L 6 1L 6 4LHEMI Black Anodized | eBay

The occ can came today US Postal service Priority Mail.
I thought this was a Bilet product and it may very well be.
However it is not stamped on the lid like the ones on Moe's site
Thinking it is a Chinese knock off
That being said it seems to be of high quality none the less. Nicley finish anodized aluminum. Reason I went this way was you get the black upgrade and the nickel plated fitting for what amounts to 10 less than the vanilla unit.
My thought process was for it to blend in in the engine compartment, and it certainly does. If you are looking for contrast , go silver or one of the many available colors. This one also has a bleeder port at the bottom that I am not very happy with. Reason being with the valve in the closed position you can not unscrew the bottom canister ??? , smooth move by the engineer ..... lol
I bent it down for now as you can see in the picture, I will either get a plug or just leave well enough alone as I intend to unscrew the unit to empty it.
Really all you need to do is use a lager spacer against the block where the bracket mounts. Talking about the bracket, it is beastly and more than enough to hold this unit for the life of the truck and then some.
All in all I am thrilled with the the unit and got the color I wanted for less than I thought I was going to have to spend.
The other high light is I go to use my new set of tools, while not a big deal to most, after installing my CAI with a pair of pliers, adjustable wrench and a butter knife life is good

Included in box

attachment.php

ready to install

attachment.php

Handle mod

attachment.php

Install with connection points & engine cover off

attachment.php

Back together

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 513
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 505
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 580
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 522

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks good, I need to get one soon. I prefer one like this with the drain at the bottom. All you have to do is open the valve and drain into a plastic cup or right to your oil catch pan!

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks an awful lot like the UPR catch can I have installed. I know people seem to like the other brands, but the one I have has been great.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I agree it does look like the UPR CC

No logo any where to be found on this ??? plain brown box as well

Who knows ?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
The ebay seller says UPR products and it's coming from Florida. Maybe it's cheaper because it had no engraving.

I mean it's billet aluminium. It's not going to be any worse or better than BT or anybody else. It's still aluminium